03: Darker Than Darkness

I wrote in my notebook neatly, listening to the English teacher's lecture on how to properly write an essay. My cursive handwriting came smoothly out on the paper neatly. I nodded my head with certain details that were spoken.

Soon, I found the rest of the information unnecessary since I already knew it. I placed my pencil on my notebook and continued to listen to the teacher speak. His lecture was interrupted when the intercom came on.

Mrs. Stabler, the secretary at the desk, spoke, 'Mr. Jones?'

'Yes!?' the teacher asked.

Mrs. Stabler cleared her voice and said, 'Do you have Laura Stone in your class right now?'

Mr. Jones eyes darted towards me and lingered for a minute before he replied, 'Yes, yes I do!'

Mrs. Stabler yet again cleared her throat and there was a long pause before her voice ringed into the air. 'I need her to come down to the office. Please tell her to bring all of her belongings, she won't be back.'

Mr. Jokes looked at me wearily and gave the intercom a loud and quick okay. He continued to stare at me, with the rest of the student's eyes. I grabbed my belongings and speed walked to my locker. I threw and grabbed things from my locker to my backpack.

Then I was on my way down to the office. I never got in trouble or did anything wrong. So what did the office want with me? I pushed open the smooth wooden door and walked inside. Mrs. Stabler instantly pointed to the principals' office. I knocked first and heard a mumbled, 'Come on inside'.

I gently opened and closed the door. I stood in front of the door and Mrs. Reed gestured towards the chair that sat in front of her desk. I shook my head and said, 'I'll prefer to stand. Thank you'.

She nodded. She wrote on the papers on her desk before she returned her eyes to mines. Here it as again, a loom of sympathy. What was it about this time?

'Your mother will not be coming to get you. She rather you go to her. I know this news will be hard to take, but a few minutes ago your mother gave me a message.' she had to stop to clear her voice which seemed to be cracking in between. 'Your father was in a car accident on his way to work. Your mother is at the hospital awaiting your arrival. Please take anytime you need to recover. Just know that we are all here for you.'

I had stopped listening after she had said car accident. My father? It had to be some kind of mistake. Not mines. He drove carefully and without rush. How could he have possibly gotten into a car accident? My mind played ways of how it could have happened. My hand was suddenly covering my mouth in shock. It wasn't true, it couldn't be. But yet she had just said it. Words floating into my head, 'My advice to you is to be prepared and to except the unexpected' the blue eyes girl had said. Was that what she had meant? That look of sympathy on her face was because of this?

But how did she know this was going to happen?

I threw the thoughts out my head, I didn't have time for such thinking. I had to get to the hospital and make sure he was okay. I turned on my heels and dashed out. I threw my skateboard on the hallway grounds and pushed against it, going as fast as I could. I turned corners sharply, wiping past people who were late.

Then it was suddenly like I was going in slow motion. I was zooming towards the double doors that led outside. I was passing by someone who was walking against the lockers. His eyes darted over to mines, making eye contact for nothing but a short minute before I continued ahead.

But that short minute was enough for me. His grey and gold eyes were dull yet shined with some unknown emotion. He stared at me with narrowed eyes like he knew who I was or knew all my deepest thoughts. A cold shiver went down my back just when I was with that blue eyed girl. Something strange was going on but I just couldn't put my finger on it. All I know is that these two mysterious people giving me weird vibes had some type of connection. What connection, I don't know.

I slammed into the double doors and pushed my foot against the ground and went even faster. Right now, I couldn't worry about anything but my dad. I didn't have time for anything else but that.

I raced to the hospital as fast as I could. I was scared of what I might find out and see. I was scared of what would happen to the family if one person was missing. The puzzle would fall apart and lose its meaning. That was something I feared the most.

**

Dedication to this awesome chick, @StolenCookie!! We've been talking more and man, you guys need to fan her! She has an awesome story out so you should go check out her writing! She read my story and gave me some feedback on it so I figured I should repay her, so here it is! Repaid. 

I feel dedicated to thank you guys who are taking the time to actually read this confusing and messed up stuff! Comment your opinions, vote if you like, fan if you want more! I take criticism as well, so post that here too! Any suggestions, PM me. You want me to read something of yours? Post it on my message board and I'll get to it right away! Thanks so much you guys for the support, I love you!! -Throws bags of skittles-

-Destiny