Battle of earth

Darius is the son of a god it is his destiny to bring peace so what should he do when the greatest war on earth and the overworld is over him? Should he surrender and lose everything he loves, or should he return to the seat of the gods of myogene either way his fate will never be the same as his original destiny

Chapter 1

Darius's p.o.v

Hell is a cold place despite the stories and the legends. My hell is filled with ice not fire and brimstone, since life began there have been stories of gods and deities and as long as there is a story there will be believers and non-believers. Their battles have rocked the world, but this battle will be the biggest yet and it's over me. Strange to think really, ever since I was born I was destined to be the bringer of peace and now the battle of earth is over me. By the end my fate is decided, but it will never be my original destiny.

1 year earlier

I walked into the throne room, as my father looked up I let out a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding.

"Evening father why have you called me?"

"I think you know son it is time for the ceremony soon, you will start your quest in a month"

"It's time already! But my training hasn't finished I have so much left to learn"

"I believe in you son I have been watchong you from the day your training began and I always will be here watching throughout your quest, it's time for you to fulfill your destiny as your brother has" he said grimly.

" Yes, I saw Promeston leave, did he finish his quest?"

" Darius that is for you to ask your brother, now I have important business to discuss with the other 9."

I left and headed straight for the training rings where the others were already practising. As I approached they turned around, dropping there swords and bows headed over.

"Darius, is it true are you the next to be sent on your quest?" said Aliana and Dmitri at the same time as always.

"It's true, and do you two ever not talk at the same time?"

" Of course we always talk at the same time, we are twins after all and I can't believe it's you, good look mate!"

"Thanks guys" I said with a grimace 

I am the son of the god Sinistro and the goddess Alexia, they are the king and queen of the gods and they are two of the ten. Five gods and five goddesses that rule the kingdoms of the overworld and earth. We live in the fire palace in the summer and  in the ice palace in winter, currently it's spring so were in the fire palace. When the ten die there sons and daughters will take their place but only if they can prove their worth in there own personal quest on earth. In our culture we each have a destiny that determines what we will become the god of. I am to become the god of peace and the god of water, whereas my brother is to become the god of war and fire. Despite my destiny being peace I still have to train in the arts of war. This thought played on my mind as I headed to the weapons room where I picked up my sword and shield and set off to the training barracks.

3 hours later I collapsed in my room exhausted. Looking at my watch I groaned, I was already 15 minutes late for dinner, Mum and Dad weren't going to be happy. I quickly changed into a plain white tunic and headed to the dining hall where the ten, and nine of the ten in training were already eating

"Son, where have you been" my dad hissed angrily "we have spoken about this before, the ten need to be confident in my son. You will be king one day and you have already been shown up by your little brother..."

"Sinistro, dear he was training we should be pleased he is so determined to prepare for the quest. It is a blessing and his brother is destined to be the god of war after all he would be ready fo his quest first, it is his destiny." Said my Mum putting her hand on Dads arm.

"Of course Alexia you are right, good job son you will bring honour to the overworld."

I smiled slightly to acknowledge dad's effort to be nice to me, but it still hurt that it took mum to help him to even talk to me without anger. I sighed and got up.

"I'm going to bed I'll eat upstairs today, good night" I said to my parents as I headed for the stairs somehow I'd lost my appetite.