Chapter Sixteen

"STOP" I screamed, pain evident in my voice. "Just leave me alone" I cried. I managed to make it out of the house and made a run for it. I didn't know where I was going, I just kept on running. I ran several blocks trying to escape. When I couldn't breathe,
I stopped for a second to catch my breath.

But that was a mistake.

"You stupid girl. You really thought you could run away, didn't you?" He growled, grabbing my arm roughly and shoving me in the back of the car. "Let me out" I begged. But he just ignored me. So I started hitting and kicking the window trying to break it. Which only angered him more. "Knock it off, or I'll give you something to scream and kick about" his threatening tone made me stop and shudder.

Once we got back to the house, I screamed in pain again as he grabbed a fistful of my hair and yanked me out of the car. "Please stop, that hurts" I cried out even more. My head feeling like someone just bashed a frying pan to it.

When I was thrown to the floor, I curled up in a ball just wishing for all this to end. For my life to be over with already.

His foot came in contact with my stomach. I felt hands on my shoulders as I screamed out in even more pain.
"Claire" I heard, but I stayed curled up, not wanting to move. I just kept crying out as my whole body was just full of pain. I didn't move or flinch when I felt hands shaking me. "Just go away. Leave me alone" I cried.

"Claire wake up, you're dreaming" I shook my head. This doesn't feel like just a dream. I started rocking myself as I kept crying. "Please open your eyes" I just listened to the voice, and that's when I bolted up.

I blinked a few times before looking around and sighing in relief. It was just a dream. I'm not there. I'm not with them. I'm here with him. I'm safe. At least right now it feels like it.

"It's okay, just breathe" Ivan said calmly, which helped. I took a few breaths in and out until I was finally calmed down. "Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I nodded. "Yeah, thank you" I breathed out. He sighed, reaching out to grab my hand. I looked at him confused.

"Why don't you just sleep in my room with me. You can sleep in the bed and I'll take couch" he suggested. Unsure, I shook my head. "It's okay, I'll be fine" I said quietly. He ignored me and just forced me up, saying that he insists and he's not taking 'no' for an answer.

So I slept in his bed, while he slept on the couch that was in the corner of the room. Right now, I feel safe.

But what worries me, is how long will this last..