chapter 1

Loss
It was one of the most difficult things to fathom
And billionaire industrialist rudra Malhotra had been doing exactly that since the last 4 years
Trying to come to terms with the loss of his beloved wife and child
He was sitting with a sonogram in his hand
As tears fell from his eyes continously, he was talking to his baby girl
The girl who would have been the light of his life.

Rudra pov:
I am sorry baccha. Papa aapko baccha nahi paye. Papa bohot gande hai. Woh aapko aur mumma ko safe nahi rakh paye. Please wapas aajao Jaan. Papa ke pass wapas aajao. Sorry baby. Kya aapko papa ke saath khelna nahi tha kya ki aap aise chale gaye. Aajao na wapas papa ke pass beta please

Pov ends.

Meanwhile in a small house you can see a girl around 3 years was lieing in a room in a shabby and torn clothes. She was mummering something. The girl was pari.

Pari: pa....pa....pa..li...to...apte....pass...aana...hai.

She was continuously mummering and crying in her sleep. Suddenly a lagy in her 60's came inside and grabbed pari's arm harshly jerking her up.

Dadi: ye manhoos ladki kab tak soti rahegi huh. Ek number ki manhoos hai mere bete ko toh maar diya paida hote hi. Aur sar pe dal diya. Ek toh kya boti hai samaj bhi nahi aaya.

After saying this she pushed the little girl harshly pari fell down hurting her forehead.

Meanwhile here rudra was just starring the sonography when suddenly a girl around 15years came inside running. Rudra kept the sonography in the side as the girl jumped in his arms hugging him tightly. The girl was Anjali rudra sister his lifeline his first child.

Rud( carresing her hairs): aaram se bachhe kitni baar kaha hai aise jumping and running mat kiya karo.

Anj( keeping her head on his chest): sholly.

Rudra Shake his head in disbelief he then take the glass of water and makes her have it. After that anjali  her eyes and placed her head on his chest wrapping her hand around his waist.

Anj( sleepy): Baba ninni

Rud: baccha abhi sona nahi hai phele kuch khalo phir so jana.

After that rudra changed her school uniform and made her ready.

Rud: chalo abhi niche chalke kuch kholo

Anj(grabby hands): goddi

Rudra smiled and then took her in his arms. Anjali locked her hands around his neck and and legs around his waist hiding her face in his neck. Rudra carried her down to the dining table. He sat on the chair with Anjali in his lap. The servants served the plate with roti and sabji. Rudra tore the morsel and bought it near her mouth.

Rud: anju bache muh kholo

Anj( struggles to keep eyes open): ninni aa lahi hai baba.

Rud: haa bacha khana kha ke so jana ok. Come on abhi open your mouth.

Rudra fed her few bites after that she closed her mouth.

Anj: bash baba. Petu full hogaya.

Rud: thoda sa aur khalo baccha.

Anj( making crying face): Nahi khana. bohot ninni aa rahi hai. Sona hai.

Rud: aap baba ke good baby hona chalo sirf five bites phir nahi.

Rudra then again fed her few bites while Anjali had her eyes closed only opening her mouth. When suddenly their Chachi came in.

Chachi( angrily): kitna sar pe chadoge rudra. Bachhe nahi hai Jo itne nakre kar rahe hai.