Chapter 8

4:37 am

I sat in the parking lot of Magic City with my duffle bag in the passenger seat.
I sat and waited for Dicey to come out the side doors.
He told me to wait for him in the parking lot.

He was on his way to my car with a manila envelope.
I unlocked my door as he approached the passenger side.
He opened the door & waited for me to move my duffel bag.
I looked at him, "Ha, nah. You can sit in the backseat."

He kissed his teeth, & opened the back door to my baby, sliding his crusty ass in.
I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the seat, preparing for whatever this new job was.

"You better lose that fucking attitude, Jah."

I didn't say anything in response because I really don't care.

"In this folder is the next target. Tiana Wright.
34 & a mother of two.
She haven't done shit to me personally but her husband Deandre tried to hit a lick and it happened to be on my mom. So, let's hit him where it hurt... Zay already has his folder."

By this time I was looking at him through my rear view mirror. Two kids. I hope they're young enough where they won't remember this. I reached my arm up & grabbed the folder.

"Alright. " I said, skimming through the folder.

"Don't come back to work until this is done."

"You must gone be paying me extra then?" I said, making eye contact through the rear view.

"You so damn greedy, Yeah. I can do something for you." He reached for the door.

"Goodniiiiiight!" I yelled laughing as he slammed the door.

---

When I woke up, It was 3:52 in the afternoon.
I checked my messages, & I had one from Zay and a few others.
The others being my friends complaining how they never seen me anymore.
I'll deal with them later.
I scrolled back to the one from Zay, I texted him to call me.
He shot me a text back that said nah, you call me.

I rolled my eyes, why be difficult?
I called him and he finally picked up on the 6th ring.

"Wassup, Sweetie?"

"Hey...You ready to do this shit?" I asked.

"Actually, yeah. I need that bread... Meet me at the park right off of 28th so we can get all the details together.

"Alright. Give me 20."

~~~~

I made it to the park and it was a few people power walking, children on the swings, couples having picnics, and even a few homeless people.
I didn't see Zay around though.
I waited 15 minutes...30 minutes... 45 minutes... 1 hour, he still never showed up.

Well damn, he stood me up. I tried calling his cellphone, & it went to voicemail.
Lil bitch Gone stand me up & then not call...I got some words for him. I called him again , and got voicemail.

I texted Dicey asking for Zay's address. He texted me back with the address and I put it in my GPS.

I pulled up outside his house.
Not what I'd expect for a bachelor who's getting paid like him.
It was a cozy house ... seems like it would be his grandmother's house.
It was a relatively quiet looking neighborhood, a couple of cars parked out on the street and 3 in his driveway. I remember him mentioning he had 2 cars but not a third one.
I know he didn't stand me up for no pussy.
I grabbed the door handle, which was locked.

I knocked 3 times on the wood finished door.
No answer.
I knocked again, using the same pattern.

I heard a low, but audible groan that sound like it was coming from Zay. Then I heard a different voice, a deeper one, talking.

"Oh, Lord. He's not gay is he?" I mumbled to myself. I started to knock again , when I heard this loud smack, a skin to skin contact.. "Laaawd, he IS gay!", I mumbled in astonishment. "Not on my watch."

I pulled a bobby pin from my now messy bun, & tried to pick the lock.
I stood there jingling my bobby in the hole for a good 4 minutes , until eventually it clicked.
I was immediately entering into the dining room.
Clean.
I kept creeping through the next door & found myself in the kitchen.
Me being the fatass that I am opened the refrigerator, which turned out to be empty besides the basics && some apple juice.
I grabbed the juice & continued to walk through the now semi-quiet house.
I walked passed each bedroom until I reached the one at the end of the hallway, where the low moaning & I finally heard the other deeper voice.

"He gone learn today, my nigga. Tell Dicey, O2 don't play about his motherfucking money."

SWACK...groaning.

This definitely not no gay shit.
I pulled my baby, out my pants and loaded her.
I kicked the door open, which was harder than I expected.
There was Zay sitting in a wooden chair tied up, a swelling left eye , and a bloody nose and mouth.
I aimed my gun at the about 5'9 man who now had his hands up.
"Untie him.", I motioned for him to walk towards Zay. "...Slowly. Don't try no shit."

"Who taught you how to use that, Barbie?", He asked smirking walking agonizingly slow towards Zay.

I internally rolled my eyes, but kept a straight face. I shot once and hit him in his lower leg. He let out a yell and fell on the now blood stained carpet.

"See, you made me fuck the carpet up even more!" I yelled, with a sarcastic smirk. "Zay, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting this out."
He was already out cold.

I untied Zay & tied the intruder's ass up.

I grabbed some cold peas out of the freezer and laid them on my punk ass partner's face.
Hopefully he comes around in a few.

Now how am I gonna get this crippled motherfucker down to the basement?