CHAPTER 4:

Y/N

After I closed the door separating our offices, my shoulders dropped and I took a breath. I lowered into my seat and dropped my head into my hands. "Such an infuriating man" I muttered quietly.

I straightened up and finally scanned my office, I smiled softly when I realized this was my space and I started to feel an ounce of excitement. The phone rang on my desk and my lips turned down to a frown, I answered with a "hello?" At first there was no sound and I looked at the screen thinking the person hung up. "I need tea. Black." Kakashi said before hanging up.

I made my way to the kitchen, cursing the man, "you could have at least said please" I rolled my eyes.

I heard a chuckle and my head snapped up, "you okay, y/n-san?" the man smiled while leaning against the counter.

My face heated and I nodded, "Sorry, Genma-Senpai" I sheepishly said, "It's been a bit of a rough morning, that's all." I made my way to the cabinet that stored the tea and grabbed a bag, turning to grab a pot.

"i figured when it looked like you were going to amaterasu the floor" he smirked and my eyes widened.

"Shhhh Genma-Senpai" I looked around, "No one knows i'm an Uchiha" I whispered.

His smirk dropped and his brows raised, he moved closer and whispered "No one? Not even Kakashi?"

I shook my head, "No.." I sighed and made my way to the sink to fill the pot, "I only give those I trust that piece of information, let's just say the Hokage-Sama and I aren't on the best of terms right now" I winced.

He laughed then paused when he saw my face, "you're serious? So who does he think you are?" he asked incredulously.

I nodded, "My last name since the Third Hokage pulled me out of the Anbu has been Bushida." I sighed. "But yeah, he's been... difficult" I made an annoyed face. I put the pot on the stove and turned the heat on.

He chuckled, "Ahh well, i'm sure everything will work out also The Third would give you that last name. 'Warrior way'? Seems fitting." he gave me a smile that I returned.

"I'm sure everything will work out eventually, I've just never had a work relationship start off this way before"

His brow raised and I laughed, "What?"

"Do you not remember how our relationship started?" he shook his head, "For a woman younger than me, you sure gave me grief" he smirked.

I let out a loud laugh, "Oh my gosh! I forgot about that!" he let out his own laugh with a shake of his head.

"How could you forget you throwing a kunai at my head and telling me 'if I liked you, then I wouldn't have thrown a kunai at your head', thank God I stopped it"

"I threw it knowing you'd stop it" I smiled at him, "but you have a better sense of humor than the Hokage-Sama, I think if i tried to do something like that, he'd have me thrown in prison" I rolled my eyes and turned to grab the pot when I heard it whistle.

I poured water into a cup and placed the tea bag to steep. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at Genma, "I'm sure everything will end up working out" he smiled.

"Thank you" I whispered with pink cheeks.

His smiled turned soft and he nodded, "How about this? We go out for drinks whenever you need a ear to rant to or a shoulder to cry on" he smirked.

I laughed and grabbed the tea, making my way back to my office with him beside me, "I'd like that, sounds fun but I don't know, I may have no time since I'm head advisor."

We arrived at my office and I turned to him, "Oh! I'm sorry Genma-Senpai but are you here for something?"

"For me." I heard from the the side of us, we turned and Kakashi was standing in the frame with his arms crossed and eyes narrowed. 'What the hell was his problem?'

"Hey Kakashi! Sorry for being a little late, what excuse do you always use?" he placed a finger on his chin then smiled, "Oh yeah, I got lost on the path of life" he chuckled. I gave him a 'what the hell' smile before walking towards Kakashi. I held out his tea, "your tea, Hokage-Sama. Shall I take notes for this meeting?" I asked.

"No." he replied without looking at me and grabbed the tea. I wanted to stab him, rude ass. I nodded and made my way to my desk and looked at Genma. "It was really nice running into you today Genma-Senpai" I smiled.

He returned it and said, "You as well y/n-san. Don't forget my offer stands so just let me know." I nodded and he made his way into Kakashi's office.

I sat down at my desk and felt eyes on me, I looked up to see Kakashi still standing there. Confused, I hesitantly asked, "Is there anything else, Hokage-Sama?"

He didn't say anything for a few seconds then turned and slammed the door causing me to jump. 'Asshole' I thought.

Thankfully for the next few hours it was nothing but bliss, Kakashi was holed up in his office and only communicated to me through text. I knocked on his door at 4PM to see if he was ready to go over all the paperwork needing his signature. Throughout the whole hour he maybe said four words? He was majority making grunt sounds at me, either way I was grateful. At 5PM I took my leave and made my way to my place, already mentally preparing myself for the next 364 days of this.