Chapter 2

Wren's POV

I stared at the phone screen with the mugshot on it with disappointment coursing through me. The Cameron I knew would never had done drugs or anything illegal for that matter. I guess he changed, as did I, but he changed for the worse.

The day I returned home after I left LA last summer marked the first day of silence between the two of us. I considered calling Cameron countless times, but it never felt right. After all, what was there to say? I knew I'd never see him again. He never called, so I'd assumed he felt the same way. Weeks, then months flew by and I became very aware that we were growing apart. The confirmation though, came 5 months later when the internet blew up with pictures of Cameron and some mystery girl making out at a party. The decision was made for me so I moved on. I've always been a little bit bitter about it. But I've always cared. Looks like that is a one-way street though.

"Hey, everything ok?", Lucas asked. I had never told him about Cameron. There was no point in telling anyone. It didn't matter anymore. So, a little white lie wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Yeah, all good", I said, smiling at him.

"Good", he answered. And with that, we headed off to our homeroom.

Our homeroom turned out to be pretty much the same as it was last year, which was unfortunate because Tessa Winters was in our homeroom.

Tessa: School mean-girl. Teacher's pet. Every guy's dream. Every girl's nightmare. But most importantly, Cameron Boyce's biggest fan.

Lucas and I walked into homeroom to find Tessa surrounded by her group of followers and staring at her own phone screen. Clearly, I'm not the only one with a Cameron Boyce Google notification.

"Oh my God. He's such a bad boy. I admire that in a guy", Tessa chirped. She looked up and saw Lucas and I walk through the door.

"Oh, look who it is. Boxer boy!", she called, referring to Lucas. Boxer boy had become his nickname after the handcuff incident in his boxers last year.

"Hi Tessa", he answered. "How was your summer?"

"Just fine. I went to-"

"Oh wait... I don't actually care", he interrupted. Tessa glared at him and looked away.

"Woah", I said as we sat at our desks. "Humiliation has made you cold."

"Damn right", he answered.

Tessa thoroughly enjoyed humiliating Lucas. As for me, I meant less than nothing to Tessa as long as I stayed out of her way. That was perfectly fine by me.

****************************

Hi guys,

Meet Tessa Winters who is inspired by every mean girl I've ever known (or seen on TV) and Lucas Appleby who is inspired by the best friend I never had. I imagine that these two will have quite a story. Keep reading!

That_Epiphany

P.S. Thank you to the readers who voted for my story :) really appreciate it.