Chapter 15

Adrien’s POV

They got away!

I cannot believe it!

I was so close to getting into the elevator, but the lift’s door had to close at that time.
And the other elevator is under repair so that is bad.

But there is always a good side in the bad time.

There is no way out in the Eiffel Tower unless you are an idiot and jump down it or use this elevator we are now using, so some people can block the elevator, while we are looking for those jerks.

The bonus is that Marinette is here.

We got up to the level they are supposed to be in.

“You guys stay near the elevator, even you Lila, I will go to see if Mari and Nino are there. When I call you, come over.”
They all agreed on that plan as I can convince them enough to come to me.

It can’t be that hard…

“And I thought you were smarter than this. Telling me to take the high road, dating Lila, saying ‘hEr LiEs DoN’t HuRt AnYoNe’. This is crap!”

That sounded like Marinette. Bingo!

“Look Marinette, you could have been with our friends. You could have been with me but not ‘jUsT a FrIeNd’ way. We could have been dating.”

At least Lila and others can’t hear me because I am far from them, even though I am lying.

“I don’t love Lila at all. I love you. But Lila isn’t causing harm when she lies. Those lies she says are too obvious. Saving Jagged Stone’s cat? He is allergic to them. Helping Prince Ali with Environmental charity? He only works with children’s charities...”

“Well, I don’t love you anymore. You stayed on her side when her lies were hurting! They hurt me, they hurt Nino! You don’t care about him?”

“I do!” I lied, I don’t. But I want her to come here so I could teach her a lesson.

“Then why did you chase after him like a maniac? You are a dense, spineless idiot!”

“I am not.”

That was when I saw the shadow moving. She is coming over.

Finally!

But it wasn’t Marinette. It was the person I saw at the limo today who came from the corner.

“Says someone who thought that I was Marinette. Ironic, huh?”
She is holding her phone that showed the voice changer app.

That is a trap!

“Who are you?”

She pressed the bat button to change her voice.

“I’m Batman!”

She held her hand wide open revealing a cape that looks like the one Hiccup used to fly on his own without Toothless.

She ran the opposite way from me jumping off the Eiffel Tower’s edge and flying down it.

How did she do that?