Chapter 3

"I guess you do have a valid point there. The Prescotts do practically rule all of Arcadia Bay unfortunately." Max looked at the floor as she let out a sigh of defeat. "It should be you and I to rule Arcadia Bay instead! We could make this town our bitch." Max couldn't help but to let out a laugh. Her tone of voice changed to one of a more serious nature. "Chloe, I want to know what your plan is. Maybe I could help you carry it out. I'm lucky to have you too." She smiled at her. Chloe smirked. Even in such a grim conversation, Max never failed to at least crack a joke. It was adorable. “Yeah... Yeah! We should be the rulers of Arcadia Bay! Then we could stop people from dying, and… and-!” She then noticed Max’s change in temperament. "Oh… Right… We’re talking about Nathan, aren’t we?" Chloe thought to herself.
“Yeah, I have a plan… It’s gonna take some set up, and some help… Well, if you’re up for it?” She said, a smirk creeping onto her face. Max never could resist Chloe's smirk. "Maybe we still have the ability to stop innocent from dying? I still do have my time travel rewind powers after all." Max tried to be optimistic. Chloe for sure had her undivided attention. "I'm all ears Chloe. I definitely do want to be a part of your plan." Max smirked at the thought of being Chloe's partner in crime.

“You’d really help me? I’m going to do something extremely dangerous. And you’d help me? Just like that?” Chloe smiled widely at her friend. “That means the world to me, Max. I promise you… Nothing is gonna go wrong if we stick together, okay?" She wanted to ensure her best friend's safety. "Absolutely Chloe. When I told you just a few minutes ago that I'd do anything for you, I meant it." Max grinned happily from ear to ear. She wanted to be cute and to have extra  reassurance about that statement. "Do you pinky promise?" Max asked her as she held up her pinky finger. “Good.” She grinned, holding up her pinky. “I pinky promise you that nothing will go wrong. I swear it on my honor.” Chloe held her pinky up. A pinky promise is a very sacred thing… She thought. Max is really serious about this… She wrapped her pinky around Chloe's. "I trust you and will be by your side through hell and back." Max told her in a serious tone of voice. "What's the plan Captain Chloe?" She looked up at her. Max was a little bit nervous but intrigued at the same time. The sooner she knew the plan, the sooner they could start with things.
Chloe smiled at her best friend’s comment, and looked back into her eyes. She seemed sincere. “First of all, this is gonna take a few days of preparation if we want it to go right… How many days until the Vortex Club party?” Chloe asked, leaning back against the wall. Max unlocked her phone and looked at her calendar and then spoke up. "Oh shit it looks like it's tomorrow!" Her face felt hot as she turned a pinkish tint on her cheeks. "Is that enough time? Should we start now? I'm cool with whatever you want to do, Buttercup."

Chloe smiled at Max and squeezed her hand. “Yeah, we need to get the ball rolling soon otherwise this thing is never gonna work. So I’ll start things off now, and you’re gonna help me. Are we on the same page? Is this what you really want?” Chloe asked her with a grin, as she stood up. “Because I promise you, you better be dedicated to this thing! This isn’t something you can just back out of on a whim.” Max blushed even more when Chloe squeezed her hand. "Yes I'm totally going to help you, no question about it. Believe me, I'm hella dedicated and won't back out at all. It's you and I as a team. We're both in this together, from start to finish. Chloe, you can count on me, I won't let you down, I can promise you that." She said with absolute complete confidence, a rare occurrence for her. "Ready to be gay and do crime?" She asked her. "That sounded wayyy better in my head than it did outloud." Chloe smirked. “I’m as gay as they come.” She replied. “So yes... Yes, I am ready to be gay and do crime! This is gonna be so much fun! I’m gonna be so proud to have you at my side as my second in command.” She exclaimed enthusiastically. Chloe let out a small laugh. “You sure you’re ready for this? I think when this is over, we’ll be wanted criminals… We know what that means, right?” Max nodded her head. "Come to think of it, I feel like I am too. I never really been into boys, even when I was in grade school." She admitted to her best friend. "I'm for realz sure that I'm ready for this. I do know what that means... but we won't be wanted criminals if we don't get caught. If we do get caught, we could always change our names and move somewhere else. However, I'm pretty convinced we won't end up getting caught, not if we don't leave a trace of evidence behind us." Max smirked at her. “That’s my plan, Max. As long as there’s no evidence, there’s no crime!” Chloe replied with an excited look in her eye. “As long as we’re smart about this, no one’s gonna know a thing… I have some supplies and equipment in my room, so we can start there?” She asked with a smile. "Great minds really think alike. I love that we're almost always on the same wavelength as each other." Max smiled at her in awe as she walked over to her and interlaced their fingers together. She was ready to do this. With Chloe by her side, what could go wrong? "Lead the way, my faithful companion." She responded with a gleam in her eye. Chloe nodded and pulled Max out the door of her room. “This’ll be our little secret. Just the two of us. It’ll be a bonding experience, like we’re in some kind of mafia movie or whatever!” She joked, before smiling sweetly at her best friend. “I know you would never tell anyone what we did. You’re the only one I’d ever trust with something like this.”