A Memorable Reunion

You woke up to darkness. You felt cold metal beneath you, and lights surrounding you, but brief ones. The light provided showed you were in some sort of metal box, with lot's of supplies, and your hands tied together with a rope. You struggled with the restrains, but your wrists got burned and scratched, and you eventually gave up. You realized that the box was moving upward, and fast. You screamed, tried to make it stop, but with no avail. You tried to remember how you even got in this stupid box, but you couldn't. Heck, you couldn't remember anything! Except your name.

You were scared beyond belief. The box kept moving, and your wrists were burning. You curled up in a ball hoping to pass the time.

After what seemed like an eternity, the box abruptly came to a stop, throwing you across the surface. The top of the box opened, a light blinding you. You could hear several voices all at once, until you could see again. There were several boys, teenagers, surrounding the top of the box opening, looking down at you. You were mesmerized by them until one of them jumped down into the box making you jump.

"It's a girl," he said, with a confused British accent. He had tousled blond hair, with worn clothes and dirt matted all over his face. He was really attractive. He suddenly pulled out a knife, bringing you back to your senses. You gasped, eyes widening, and scooted to the farthest corner.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I just want to cut the ropes off," he said. You looked at him, then the ropes, and eventually held them out to him. He carefully cut them off, and you rubbed your burned and sore wrists.

"Thanks." You told him, your voice scratched from screaming. You continued to stare at him, unable to help that there was something familiar about him. He smiled.

"Come on, there's a lot for you to learn," he said. He held out his hand, and you took it, the familiarity stronger. The boys helped you out of the box, the blonde boy joining you, wrapping his arm around you protectively. You finally got a look around.

"Where am I? What is this place?" You asked aloud. He smirked.

"Welcome to the Glade, greenie." He said.

All the boys kept staring at you, which made you really uncomfortable. You blushed when the blonde put his arm around your waist. You two approached an African American boy, who was the oldest of the bunch. 'He must be the leader', you thought.

"You must be the new greenie. There aren't any girls here, after all." He said. You eyes widened in realization. You were the only girl. Great. "My name's Alby. I'm in charge around here." That confirmed your suspicions.

"Why don't you give her the tour today? I have some other things that I need taken care of." He said. He jogged of toward one of the large makeshift buildings, not waiting for an answer.

"Well, you heard him. I guess I'm giving you the bloody tour today," he complained, but then smirked. You laughed.

"Yeah, that would be nice." You replied smiling. He showed you around, explaining everything, until you stopped by an entrance to the maze. You suddenly frowned, realizing something. "Hey, I never got your name." You said.

He turned to me. "The names Newt," he stated.

As soon as he said it, you started seeing images, images of him, but cleaner, laughing, smiling, pained, worried, but in a whole different environment. They were memories, incomplete, but memories none of the less. You snapped back to reality, a concerned Newt holding your shoulders. You looked up at him dazed, but with familiarity.

"Are you alright, love?" He asked. You hesitated, but answered.

"I, I remember you," you said slowly. Now he was the one confused and surprised. His eyes widened, his eyebrows hunched together in thought.

He did that in your memories.

"Who are you?" he finally said. You took a deep breath.

"It's me," you paused, "Y/N."

Suddenly, he gasped, his eyes distant, moving everywhere. You put your hands on his shoulders, as he did to you. A few seconds later, he blinked rapidly, breathing heavily, staring at the ground.

"Newt?" You asked softly. He slowly looked up at you.

"I remember too," he said. Then he smiled and laughed, and you found yourself doing the same. "I remember!" He shouted this time, picking you up and spinning you around. You laughed again. He set you down, and you hugged. A single tear ran down your face. He hugged you tighter, and then eventually let you go.

You pulled back slightly, to look at him. You stared at each other for a long time, then Newt stepped back.
He extended his hand out to you. "Take my hand," he said, "Maybe it will trigger more memories."

You nodded, and did as he told you. He took your hand in his, and laced your fingers together.

He was right, it triggered more memories than you ever thought. You remembered everything, as did he. You remembered every single moment you had together, the good ones, the bad ones, and the ones you wish you had still forgotten.

You both snapped back to reality at the same time, your fingers still laced together. You both looked at each other and you immediately crashed your lips against his in a longing, passionate kiss. After a while, you both pulled away, breathing heavily.

"I remember you, being dragged off, getting your memories taken away and thrown into the box. I was locked up for two years, and then they sent me up here. I don't know why, but I don't care." You sobbed, hugging him again.

"I'm so glad you're alive. I love you so much," he said.

"I love you too," you replied. "And I think I might know how to get out."