Zinnia

With wide eyes they moved around the counter. They could not believe this, it had to be a trick, some kind of hallucination their tired mind made.

But no, it was all real, a hand on their ankle told them so.

"AH! Sorry! Are you okay?!" Came the voice of Vash, the Vash, the one everyone called baby girl. The one who had Xiaos' voice from genshin impact in the Japanese dub, which (Y/N) cried to since it was so good.

"Oh." They couldn't form words, this had to have been a prank. But the glowing prosthetic looked too real, too worn down.

Vash sat up so he was sitting on his knees, his arms going up in surrender. His glasses were tilted on his face and he had that dumb look he always had that (Y/N) was embarrassed to admit she stared at a little too long.

"I'm not going to hurt you!" Vash spoke again in that smooth voice.

"Um, I'm okay…are you? You took quite a fall?" (Y/N) stepped closer to him with their arms up, a worried expression on their face.

Vash had that dumbfounded look on his face, as if he forgot about the pain of the fall from…wherever he fell. "Yeah I'm okay! No need to worry, haha!" He scratched his neck, letting them pull him up to his feet.

"H, how did you get here?" (Y/N) immediately noticed the height difference between them, looking up at him.

Vash bent down a little sheepishly, laughing nervously again. "W-well, about that. I," he took a deep breath, "don't actually know? I was just in the car with Roberto, Mer-" he straightened up.

"Nooo! They're probably wondering where I am!" In a panic he started looking around.

(Y/N) looked at his glasses on the floor before picking them up. 'Definitely a pathetic baby girl, they were right'. They tried hiding a smile. "I'm sorry, I don't know who they are…You just kind of dropped into my kitchen?"

That was a lie but they couldn't just straight up say that they know everything about him, that would probably make him suspicious of them.

Vash turned to them with fake crocodile tears in his eyes with a sad expression on his face. "Huh? Oh, sorry about that!" He apologized yet again as he took his glasses from them with his prosthetic, putting them on his face with a 'thank you'. His prosthetic is cold, as they expected, the fingers there did a little wiggle.

"So where do you come from, stranger? You don't look like a thief." This was a little weird for (Y/N), even though they did read millions of fanfiction and use the silly character ai they heard all about.

Vash bent down a little again to seem less threatening, they guessed. "I'm Vash, Vash the Stampede. I was in the desert in No Man's Land, but uhhh, now I'm somehow here? Sorry if I scared you, I truly mean you no harm!"

The iconic line they read over and over was so surreal to hear, let alone in his voice. "It, it's alright. I'm just a little confused. By the way, I'm (Y/N). I guess you can stay with me? Is there no way to get back to the desert you were in?"

Vash looked around at the space again with his eyebrows furrowed in that dumb expression again. "Ummm, I don't see anything that could've dropped me here, or a door or portal back? I appreciate your hospitality but I really need to get back."

He began wandering around, looking for doors to open before he came across the front door and the well lit hallway. He stopped in his place, slowly surveying the room and the giant windows that showed the greenery outside.

"(Y/N)? Where are we?" Even without looking at his face,
they could hear the disbelief in his voice.

(Y/N) sweated a little, obviously a little scared to see his reaction. "Uhh…Earth?" They braced themselves as they stood a little far away behind him.