Chapter 4

The store was a bit far away but it wasn't a problem for Cassandra. The road was very crowded. It was filled with shops, cafes and bars. Sam had told her that this place was far from city center.

Cassandra wasn't used to crowds but at the same time if this was a deserted place, she'd feel worse. She walked towards the store which looked like a typical ice cream one.

There wasn't anyone. The turned on radio speaking about news caught her attention.

Her impatience kicked in and so she spoke.

"Anyone here? Hello?"

"Wait, wait, I'm coming." A woman's voice was heard.

Cassandra reminded myself to have nothing to be nervous about.

"Hello, what do you need?" Said a woman who came, looking at her. She looked in her fifties, she had middle length blonde hair and was wearing an apron. She looked like her, the woman in the photo. Cassandra couldn't believe her eyes.

"Wait a second..." Cassandra said and picked her phone to confirm. She thought of looking at the captured photo on her phone instead on the photo itself.

She wouldn't want the woman in front of her to become suspicious.

And yet she was, she pretty much looked so.

Except the fact that in passport photo she looked calm and now she was frowning.

"Speak up girl." She said with an angry voice.

"She has anger issues?"

"Fantastic," Cassandra thought.

"Hello, I want a chocolate ice cream in a cup," She said first and decided to ask her later.

"Here you go, that costs $1."

Cassandra gave her the money and put the ice cream in her bag, knowing it will melt soon.

When she wasn't leaving, the woman asked confused, "Why aren't you leaving?" she raised her eyebrows.

"I.....do you mind if I ask you a question?" Cassandra asked.

The woman's eyebrows furrowed, "Yes?"

"Are you Clara Jones, the woman in this photo?" She showed her photo.

Her expression took another turn, turning into a both confused and angry one.

"Yes I am, why do you have my photo?" She asked angrily and took the small photo away from her hands.

"I...I found it on my house." She trailed off looking directly at her.

What a terrible explanation!

"What was my photo doing in your house?" She asked even angrier.

"You should be the one to answer that, not me." She said crossing her arms.

"Don't play games with me girl, what are you trying to do?"

What a weird person. She is the one who should explain. Cassandra thought.

"My father had written this letter inside this envelope and your photo was inside it as well." She explained when she took the envelope out of her bag.

"Your father? Who is your father?"

"William Roth." Cassandra said.

The woman's expression changed to something unknown, maybe it reminded her something. After she seemed to think for a while she began to talk.

"I don't know anyone with that name miss. But you surely got explanation to do. What was my photo doing in your house?" The woman said with an angry voice.