34: Dangerous Game

She looked around when she finally got her lips out of his, trying so hard to suppress her smile. "I hope no one sees this, let's get in." She looked inot his eyes while endingher sentence and Al-mustapha fixed his gaze on her. She looked like something he had been looking for, all his life. Something he really couldn't think of now, but he had surely been looking for her not even knowing he did.

She got down from the car and waited for him to come out, he did and they walked side by side, in uttermost silence to the building. They stood at the junction leading them to their separate chambers and Fatima Zarah looked at him with a smile. "I'll freshen up and rest for a bit, see you later." He nodded his ead, despite having this urge to not let her leave. He wanted to have her by his side for the rest of the day. He wanted to play this dangerous game wholly.

She smiled dismissively at him and walked up, bringing her phone out of her bag to dial Abida's number. "Please send Jannah to my chamber, I'm back." She said and ended the call. Don't turn back! She warned herself, and she was glad that she didn't turn to look at him despite sensing his eyes on her back.

Jannah entered her room a few minutes after she had entered and she went forward and hugge Fatima Zarah, "Aunty Fatima Zarah..." she trailed off and laughed at herself. Fatima Zarah's name had always been long and sounded funny to her whenever she called her with Aunty Fatima Zarah even though she had asked her not to bother using the Aunty, she is free to call her with just her name. "Good evening, it has been a long day, right? How was the palace?" Even though Jannah didn't know what Fatima Zarah did to make her have a beef with Mama Fulani, she knew they weren't walking on the same path.

"It was messy, but beautiful. I didn't know it would turn out this way." Fatima Zarah said with a faint smile on her lips, while she turned to give Jannah the chance of helping her out of her thobe. She did and they sat down on the resting sofa. Fatima Zarah had never had a sibling, but she loved and saw Jannah as though she was a sibling of hers. And right now, she needed someone to talk, maybe a bestfriend; and she didn't have one.

"What's happening? You are down." Jannah asked carefully, it was long since she had seen a carefree person like Fatima Zarah. She was so bubbly and so full of life.

"Al-mustapha is getting married, probably in a month or less." This was more addressed to her than Jannah, because she needed someone to tell her this so she will come to the fact that he was truly getting married, again. While his first marriage wasn't even working out. Okay, maybe before the last few hours, yeah. Now that she had seen how beautiful the soft and amazing side of Al-mustapha was, she wanted him all to herself even though she knew it was a game. The dangerous kind of game.

Jannah had her hands over her chest and her eyes bulged out like a saucers. "He's getting married? To who?! Oh my god!" She exclaimed, extremely shocked. The way she sounded shocked made Fatima Zarah laughed, and it was such a beautiful feeling having something to laugh at while everything was trying to weigh her down.

"Do you know Rahma? The royal gem, the one I've told you abaout? Yes, she's the one he's getting married to, Jannah." Fatima Zarah didn't like the horrified look on Jannah's face, it made her think of horible scenarios that only made everything much worse than it was, for her.

"Do you love him? I bet your heart is hurting so much, right?" Why did Jannah choose this questions of all questions in the world? It was straightforward, because she knew the answer to it even if she was to be woken up in the middle of the night. But then she didn't know the answer the second question. It was simple yet the most complicated question she had ever heard.

She shook her head sideways then nodded her head. She slightly screamed out of frustration and palmed her face, "Urgh! This is the hardest question thrown at me, Jannah. That's why I don't want to talk to Ammi first before talking to someone, because I need to figure out why I'm feeling the things I'm feeling first." She was in so much confusion that she had to stare at Jannah for a few minutes, unable to take her eyes off as if she was getting the answers off from her eyes.