16: A Brutal Murder

Fatima Zarah tried to smile at Rahma but rather, it came out as a lopsided grin. She looked up at Al-mustapha and tried peeling her hands away from him, "I think I'll let you two be, I'll be at Mama Fulani's chamber when you're done." Because the moment she had set her eyes on Rahma, she felt the girl wasn't the type she wanted to interact with.

There are certain people in this life that by mere seeing them you'd feel like you don't want to have an interction with them, be it for a few minutes. And it's not always about hatred. She thought Al-mustapha would like what she did, but instead of him to let go of her hands as she initialy started, he held onto it and she looked at him questioningly.

"There's no need for that, Fatima Zarah. You said you're tired already, right? Then let's leave together to Mama Fulani's chamber." She had noticed that ever since he stared at Rahma for once, he hadn't done that the second time, and she wondered why. The throng of people accompanying them had their eyes fixed on the trio, waiting to see what would unveil between them.

Rahma smiled mischieviously and she placed her hand on Fatima Zarah's shoulder. "I don't think by my name you know who I am, I'll set this clear for you. I'm the lovelies daughter of the Sultan, and ever since I grew up, I've gotten everything I wanted apart from your husband. So, I'll say this; you're in for a battle of love, together with the Royal gem." She glared at Fatima Zarah and she shrugged her hands off her shoulders.

Fatima Zarah made a face and looked up at Al-mustapha, even though she was standing right by his side, with her shoulders brushing off with his chest, he was so tall that she had to look up while addressing him. "Al-mustapha, I'm so tired. Can you please take this piece out of my way or we leave instead? Because I'm not in for a battle for something I've already attained and have locked in my own territory."

He nodded his head and Fatima Zarah stared at Rahma's face with a smirk on her lips, "May be you can find someone to escort you to the battle field, but never Fatima Zarah Tambuwal, because I already have what you're going to fight for, why stoop so low and fight for it? Doesn't make sense, yeah? Think twice about it, Royal Gem." She could see the effect of her words splashed all over Rahma's face and when they walked from her, she could swear the girl turned to her back and watched them until they disappeared from her sight.

Fatima Zarah was taken to a different room when they got back and she later learned that it was Al-mustapha's room when he was a little boy. There was nothing to call home about in the room, but it truly depicted the life of a boy. Even though she was surprise because she hadn't seen anything that showed he was a teen when he had the room. She thought all guys either had stickers of their favorite musicians or footballers fixed on their walls and other ornaments; or so they thought of the things as ornaments. But in the room, the only thing that could truly show he had lived in the room were the tons of garment filled in his wardrobe, and Fatima Zarah wondered while they weren't given out.

Snacks and refreshments were brought to her, and to her surprise she saw Sadiya walking in with the tray. "Oh, Sadiya, how did you came back here? I thought you said you're going to be our helps over there?"

Sadiya bowed down her head with a smile, "Mama Fulani felt that if we get attached to you by any chnace, we might not do our reporting job properly, that's why she said she'll be sending a set of two people for the cost of those seven days and will later on choose whom she wants to be there permanently."

"Oh, that's fine then." Was only the thing Fatima Zarah could say, because she had seen no reason for the supervisors Mama Fulani sent them, it's not like they were little kids to start with.

"Gimbiya, I really think you've angered the Royal gem over there," Sadiya said with a shaky voice and when Fatima Zarah looked at her, she smiled and waved at her dismissively.