Chapter 1

It all started when I was eight.

I was at the park with my parents. "Push me daddy!" I squealed as my dad ran up to push my swing. "Higher, higher!" I demanded.

Suddenly I had this overwhelming urge to scream. My chest tightened and I felt huge amounts of sorrow coming down on me. I opened my mouth and screamed as loud as I could.

At first, my dad thought I was just screaming out of the thrill of the swing. But when I didn't stop screaming, he knew something was wrong.

My parents tried to calm me down. They were confused to why I was screaming, and so was I. But I just couldn't stop.

A teenager on a skateboard was coming down the sidewalk. I saw him out of the corner of my eye, and screamed even louder. By now tears were running down my cheeks and my throat stung.

The boy on the skateboard crossed the street. Just when he was in the middle of the road, there was a honk of a car horn, a screech if its breaks, and then a thump. The car had hit the boy and he was now on the ground, lifeless.

My screaming stopped. My parents ran to go help the boy that had gotten hit, but he had died instantly.

My parents brushed my screaming off as a coincidence, until it happened again.

We were sitting in a restaurant, enjoying our dinner. It had always just been my parents and I. No siblings. We often went out to eat.

Suddenly, I got the feeling again. The tightening of my chest, the overwhelming sorrow and the urge to scream. My parents saw my expression and began to try to calm me down. But I couldn't hold the scream in much longer.

When I started screaming, the whole restaurant looked at me, of course. My parents stood to take me out just as a man across the room collapsed. He was having a seizure. People surrounded him and I screamed louder. When the man died, the screaming stopped. My parents eyes traveled from me to the man who was now dead.

That was the day that my parents realized I was different.

**********************

Chapter 1:

'We love you. It's for the best. You will do great there.' My parents repeated this to me over and over until we pulled up to the academy.

'Griggs Academy. Home For Gifted Adolescents.' The sign read.

My parents gave me one last hug goodbye and drove away, leaving me with only my suitcase and the feeling of abandonment.

"It's for the best." Echoed in my ears.

I turned and examined the huge campus. Teens were everywhere. Laughing, talking, and showing off.

I sigh and walk through the main doors. I follow the signs up to my dorm room. I unlock the wooden door to find a huge room. It was basically cut in half. Two beds, two dressers, two desks. Each on either side if the room. The right side was already decorated with pink and blue decorations that reminded me of cotton candy.

I walk to the left side, which obviously must be mine. On my desk is a piece of paper that seems to be my schedule, and multiple text books.

'Monster history.' 'Controlling your ability.' Some of the textbooks read. The last one was 'Being a Banshee.'

A banshee. So that was their word for me. My parents always just called me a screamer. I guess it made more sense now.

I hear voices from outside my door and then someone walks in. It's two girls. One has shoulder length brown hair with dip dyed blonde tips. She has clear blue eyes and is quite tall. The other has auburn hair with hazel eyes and a friendly face.