Meet and greet

Today is the day the Rogers family has been waiting months for. It's the first day of summer, and their Russian exchange student should be arriving from the airport any minute now.

Steve quickly finishes making the second bed in his room, ensuring there are plenty of pillows and the sheets are fresh and clean.

He really hopes this student, James his name is, isn't horrible. The family down the street had an exchange student a few summers ago when he was fourteen that beat the crap outta him. He's bigger now so that probably won't be an issue, but it would suck to get stuck with someone like that for the summer.

He's wiping the creases from the bed when he can hear the front door open and his name being called. He rushes out the room and past his sister's before realising she has her headphones in.

"Amelia", he shouts and throws a shoe in her direction. "Come on! He's here".

"I hope we got a cute one", she whispers as they walk down the hallway and down the stairs.

"You can't say that, you're sixteen".

"You're only 17, Steve". She retorts. "And I know you agree with me", she quickly adds as they round the corner into the living room, not leaving enough time for him to reply.

He doesn't have enough time to feel embarrassed or roll his eyes at his sisters comment, because they're met with a tall, dark haired teenager.

Their parents are greeting him as he shakes their hand, a big duffel bag at his feet.

"Steve, Amelia, come and meet James".

She's the first one there, pushing Steve out the way and shaking the boys hand.

"Hi, my name's Amelia. It's really good to meet you".

Now Steve does roll his eyes as he nudges her out the way and shakes his hand. He can't help but notice the dark blue of his eyes or how strong he looks, standing there in his all black outfit.

He's pretty's sure he shook his hand for too long and stepped back awkwardly. Luckily his parents didn't notice, too excited about this new arrival.

"James", the boy said in his accent.

"It's so nice to meet you James. I think we are going to have a great summer", Amelia smiled before his parents decided to show him around the house.

"Get the bags please Steven".

He bent down to pick them up and hung back a few steps to talk to his sister.

"Being a bit obvious aren't we?" He snarked.

"I could say the same thing. Did you get lost in his eyes?" She teased.

He told her to be quiet and glanced towards his parents as they showed James the dining room.

"Just tell them, they'll be fine with it", she nudged him.

"I know, but I want to wait until the end of the summer because... otherwise they'll make me sleep on the sofa and it's uncomfortable".

"Yea right. That is the reason. It's definitely not because you want to share a room with a hot Russian as the air starts getting sweaty at night from the summer sun".

"I'm walking away", he said with bright red cheeks.

Luckily for him, they'd just about finished with the tour and dropped James off outside his room.

"Hi", he said again. "This is your bed here, that's mine over there. Oh, here's your stuff", he handed over the duffel.

Steve stood their awkwardly, waiting for James to say something as he shuffled through his stuff. It wasn't until Amelia came in a moment later that he lifted his head up.