Chapter 1

Not revised.

+++

 "What the fuck." I subconsciously stated at the scene that was happening in front of me. My best friend, sister from another mother, shyest girl in school was against the school lockers making out; no scratch that, full out feasting on Carter Black's face.

Carter Black.

Carter Black was what you would call the school's bad boy- criminal.

I clear my throat trying to get her attention, not succeeding and seeing she was still practicing her sinful act I did something I never thought myself would do. I placed my hand on Carter's shoulder and pulled him off my best friend earning myself a bunch of curse words from the now vivid Carter. Paying no attention to him and pushing farther to the side I step where he was once at, directly in front of my best friend and place both hand on her shoulder, shaking her abruptly. "What the fuck were you doing, Jessa Adams." My voice coming out a bit louder than intended, the girl standing in front of me immediately started turning bright red and looked down at the floor as she parted her lips to speak, a male voice not letting her begin.

"She was obviously making out with me, Gomez," Carter said the bitterness clear in his voice. I turned to look at him, glaring at him and taking my best friends hand and pulling her away from the scene. Who cares if we missed class at this point, this was just as important as national issues. They were making out.

"Cya later babe," The same rude boy that had prohibited my best friend from talking said to Jessa. My eyes going as wide as my body permitted I turned to look at my best friend as I dragged her out of the school seeing her turn even more red from his choice of words.

"You know I could just explain to you in the girl's restroom or something we don't have to leave school." Jessa finally spoke, her voice lower than usual. I shook my head as a reply, I needed details from begging to end, and the girl's restroom wouldn't allow that with the constant paranoia of someone walking in and hearing us.

"I want details," I said as I let go of Jessa's arm and took out the keys of my car to unlock. Stepping to the driver's side I quickly slid inside the car as Jessa did the same at the other side of the car. I backed out the car out of the senior parking lot and started driving the first place that came to my mind, Starbucks. Of course it wasn't the best place to go to when skipping school, but the choices were limited.

"Starbucks?" Jessa asked, knowing that's the only place I would think of in a time like this. I nodded; taking one of my hands from the steering wheel and turning on the radio, letting the sound of my Latino music fill the car. "You listen to an awful amount of Spanish music." Jessa always seemed to make the same comment every time I turned on the radio to my car, which was daily considering the fact that every day after school Jessa took a ride from me.

"I know," I smiled, letting the sound of the music take over the silence that came after my words.

-

For the past hour Jessa has been telling full on detail the incidents of Saturday night that had led to the scene I had witnessed earlier at school.

"I don't like him, I just, I didn't want to be inexperienced anymore and I was drunk and it just happened," She traced her finger over the top of her Starbucks a the words came out of her mouth not wanting to make eye contact with me. Saturday night there had been a party at one of the football player's house, Jessa had wanted me to go along with her but having a strict Spanish mother would make it impossible to even try and attempt going so I had refused going as soon as soon as she had finished spoken. At that party I guess Jessa wanted to try something new, she never drank, nevertheless had sex and now what, Jessa was sitting in front of me at Starbucks in the middle of the afternoon on a school day telling me about her drunken sex experience with the one and only Carter Black. "He kept asking if I was your friend," she quietly added.

Why does he care?

"Oh, really?" Not a hint of happiness present in my voice. I disliked Carter Black, no, I hated him. He used girls to get sex and then left them to go cry and waste four dollars on some ben and jerry's ice cream. Just like he had done to Jessa except she didn't cry nor go and waste four dollars on ice cream, and he did talk to her even after they had sex, no he made out with her. Carter never talked to the victims of his charms after finally getting in their pants, according to rumors.

Did he like her?

"Does he like you?"

"Rebecca." Jessa started, her face so serious I might have thought I was in trouble, "He doesn't like me."

I nodded, of course it was foolish.

-

The next four days I came to school to find Jessa and Carter making out in front of her locker which may I add was directly next to mine, leading me to have to pull them apart from swallowing each other's faces. Thankfully, it was Friday evening now and I had the next two days for myself, or so I thought.

"So, there is a party tonight," Jessa started, as she twirled her hair in her fingers and looked everywhere around my room but me. "Come with me please," She quickly got up from the bed and got on both of her knees in front of me, begging. Almost immediately I started laughing, she was actually begging me to go to the party on her knees. I shook my head, indicating a no. There was no way my mother was going to let me go anywhere at this hour, especially not a party.

"My mom wouldn't let me," I started to explain to her once again I was pretty sure she knew my little speech about not being able to go by memory.

"Tell her you are sleeping over at my house," She cut me short before I could even get into it. I sighed, knowing that arguing her against it wouldn't work out, she would find a way to make me go to the party this time.

I clapped my hands together and stood up, finally agreeing to Jessa's mischievous ways, she stood right up and embraced me in a tight hug. She ran to my closet and pulled the doors open, putting all my clothes at display. I laughed at her enthusiasm, and walked towards my closet as well, picking out a bag to place some of the clothes she picks out so I can change at her house, there was no way my mom would let me step out of the house if I was wearing a tight dress and some heels, she would know what I was planning almost immediately and would not let me step out of the house.

Once my clothing was picked out and set in the bag we were set to go, Jessa had talked my mom into letting me stay over at her house while I was setting the last few things I would possibly need into my bag. Finally having everything I swing the bag over my shoulder and make my way downstairs where Jessa is talking to my mother. As soon as I am downstairs Jessa grabs my hand and hurriedly drags me out of the house. "Bye mom, love you!" I call out before the door shuts behind me

"You are going to love this." Jessa says.