1

{Harper}

Is this happening? I thought to myself as I carried the last of my luggage into my new apartment in New York. Of course, it is. I'm so excited about this new beginning. I've been accepted into Marigold University, my dream school, and what's even better is that my best friend Scarlett Evens also got accepted. Marigold University is one of the hardest schools to get into, the only way you can get accepted is if you're crazy smart, talented in the arts, or an unstoppable athlete. Marigold is known for two things one for how amazing their dance academy is and two for their hockey team Marigold Titans. I love hockey, my brother plays and my dad is in the NHL so I grew up on it. You could say that my dad was sad at first when his oldest child didn't want to play hockey, instead, she wanted to be like her mom and dance. My mom saw it coming, I was a natural.
My best friend Scarlett is also crazy talented and it's no surprise that we both got accepted, but we still worked our asses off. Scarlett and I have been friends since birth and our mothers danced together when they were little. Scarlett is only a few months younger than me and she the definition of a crackhead.
"I think we are done unpacking everything except for our rooms," Scarlett said.
I was thrown out of my thoughts and was a little shaken because I was startled.
"What!" I said back
"Wow girl, it's okay, you don't have to yell," she said, covering her ears I didn't mean to be so loud, that's my fault
After a while, Scarlett and I said goodbye to our family. I'm sad that our whole family lives a like states away, but New York is our new home now, so I guess it's okay.
It's been a few hours. I'm just unpacking and making my room look more like me, our apartment is kind of big, Scarlett and I both have our room and bathroom, there's a big open kitchen and it looks right into the living room which has a big windows looking out over New York City and the campus. After I got everything unpacked I liked the way my room looked. I had dinner with Scarlett and we both just decided that we should go to bed because we had classes tomorrow. I had tap class at 6:00 in the morning and Scarlett didn't have class until 7:00 am because she wasn't that much of a taper like me. Other than that, we had class either together or at the same time. I guess majoring in dance/ the arts with you're best friend is not so bad. Who am I kidding it amazing.
I did my skincare and went to my bed and turned off the lights. I checked the time and it was 10:00 pm, I plugged in my phone and made sure my alarm was set for 4:40 am. I know that is early, but you can never be too careful.

***************************************

[ Next Morning ]

I woke up, not hearing my alarm go off so I assumed I woke up earlier than I thought but I checked the time and it read 5:30 am. SHIT I slept through my alarm it was a good thing my apartment was only a 5-minute walk from the university, I rushed out of my bed putting on my outfit that I had thankfully picked out the night before. It was just dark green leggings and a white T-shirt nothing too fancy. I pulled my hair up in a high ponytail did my skincare routine and put on a little bit of mascara
It was now 5:50 and I didn't have time to walk, so I just ran. I was running and not paying attention to anyone. I just kept thinking about how I was going to be late for my first class on the FIRST DAY. I was almost there and was going to make it in time because I could run pretty fast, until I ran into a wall, wait not a wall, a guy. Did I just run into a guy, I don't have time for this so I just mumbled sorry and kept running
"Hey" the guys yelled
I just kept on running like Forrest Gump
"You owe me a new shirt" I heard him say before I opened the doors to the dance building. Do I owe him a new shirt? I just brushed it off and when I walked into the class it was 5:55, thank god I was not late, I put on my tap shoes and class started, but the guy kept popping into my head, but no time for guys.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard a girl say
I turned my head to the girl who was talking she was tall, about 5'6, her hair was honey brown and she had beautiful green eyes.
"yeah I'm fine....umm why do you ask"
"you just seem out of it. I don't know, I'm a natural worrier" she said with a nervous laugh at the end.
"Oh," I said, it was a little awkward
We both went back to focusing on the instructor.
"Okay everyone grabs a quick water break and we can start at the top," the instructor said
I walked to my bag and grabbed my water taking a sip of water.
"I'm Taylor, Taylor Woods" the same girl that asked if I was okay.
"I'm Harper Richards," I said with a smile
"Well, nice to meet you, Harper"
"You too"
Taylor and I started to get to know each other during the rest of class, and she has the same class as I do, I'm glad to have made a new friend, I can be very shy at times, but after tap, I went back to the apartment, but stopping at a nearby coffee shop and texting Scarlett about the guy and Taylor.

***************************************

Well, that's the first chapter I hope you like it.

Word count- 1026