Chapter 3

Chapter 3 (Nick's POV)

What a messed up day.

For the first time in history a girl hit me in the face. Usually, girls would slap me in the face or kiss me by surprise, but Raina? Damn, I shouldn't have done that. Good thing my parents aren't in here because of the business trip, or they'll laugh at my face when they find out I was hit by a girl.

And I shouldn't have pissed her off that much. I thought it was for a good laugh. The old Raina I knew is gone, because of the stupidest thing I did last year...

After I chose Lauren over Raina, things went differently. I was focused on the game and school and being popular, while she's focused on being her the all around girl. She said applying to different kinds of school clubs will help her get into her dream university because not only she has straight As but she has extra curricular activities.

Sometimes, I still go to our usual spot, hoping I'd see her there and be alone for once in a while, but to be honest, I messed up bad. I thought it was easier to be away from her, but it's not. I miss doing the things we used to.

Trading my seven-year-friendship over the girl I went out with for months was the stupidest and the most immature thing. And that was my biggest mistake, I did that because I was starting to head over heels for my best friend. I tried to shake off my feelings for her but it only made it worse.

After Lauren dumped me over the captain of our rival team, my world just fell. I wanted to let it all out, I tried calling Raina but she switched numbers. And every time I go to their place her brother wouldn't let me in.

Well that's that. I want to fix what was us. If not, I want us to start over again.

I threw my tired self on my bed. Then someone barged in. I groaned. "Hey Nicki." Vinny said in a teasing way.

"Stop calling me that Vinny." I growled at my twin.

"How's your beautiful eye?" Joey cooed.

They both put themselves on me, squeezing me to my death. Immature brothers as always. "How does it feel being knocked down by a girl?" Vinny teased.

"Fuck off guys." I sat up, making them roll off me.

"See Nick? Not all girls want you."

I glared at my blonde brother, "In case you haven't noticed, I'm still doubting that Raina's a girl."

"Serious question though, why mess with her when you can have other girls?"

"Because Joey, this one's fun to mess with! And I'm trying to fix things with her." I slightly touched my plaster, hoping it's not bleeding again.

"You're fixing things with her by drawing on her face? You're such a kid, man. Grow some balls!" Vinny exclaimed.

"But remember when you said that to a girl you liked? Remember Lauren? You like her yet you still managed to mess with her then ask her out."

"I don't like Raina that way. I just want to be okay with her that's all." Okay I do and still like her, maybe a little. She's funny and such a cutie when she's pissed. Hehe

"Keep telling yourself that asshole. We have known Raina for too long who wouldn't like her?" Vinny whacked my head playfully.

"Hey, by the way. I called mom and asked if we can throw a party before the football game, she said yes but not too wild." Joey informed.

I'm not really into partying since... I don't know. I just don't want to. I feel lazy of all the party thing. And we keep on throwing the best parties and it doesn't change anything. Uninvited people crash in and think I know them. I made out with random girls and become clingy. It's tiring.