Chapter 11 - Oncoming Storm

ONCOMING STORM.

"Elizabeth, I'm relieved you're safe." I heard James say, I opened one eye and grinned, I immediately got up and hugged my sister, before Nessie bounced over to us and joined in. "Clap them in irons. And behind there backs this time." James instructed as a soldier roughly grabbed me, I looked at James shocked, I knew we weren't on the best of terms but this was outrageous.

"Commodore, you can't do that!" Lizzie shouted looking at our father, I looked at him and a deep scowl was spread across his face, clearly he wasn't told about this before hand.

"You're speaking up for them again?" James scowled.

"We are the only ones who can locate Isla de Muerta – but I doubt they would be willing to help us from the brig." Lizzie pointed out. I glared at James, he knew Lizzie was right but I had a feeling we weren't going to the Isle, my only chance gone, though it hardly mattered now.

"She's right. We had time to get to know each other." Uncle Jack helpfully pointed out.

"Really not helpful now dad." Nessie said causing uncle Jack to open his mouth, she linked her arm with Lizzie, she was a little uncertain but I guessed Nessie explained who she was earlier.

"Ness, love, how are you? Why aren't you in irons?" Uncle Jack asked looking at James.

"She is not branded. Besides we are bound for Port Royal, not Isla de Muerta." James informed us heading to the helm.

"No. The pirates have taken Will –"

"Your father is frantic with worry. Our mission was to rescue you and return home. That is what we shall do. Mr Turner's fate is regrettable. But so was his decision to engage in piracy." James stated.

"You are a bloody prick Commodore, you said we would go after the Pearl and break the Curse, you lied to me." I growled trying to get my arms free, James showed me no emotion.

"I never promised such thing, it'll be talk of the admiralty, the man who caught Bonnie Little Charley." I was shocked by this, I stopped struggling and the deck went silent in shock.

"Commodore, please!" Elizabeth tried as they jerked me back to the side of Uncle Jack.

"Norrington, think about it ... the Black Pearl, its captain and crew, not just Charley ... the last pirate threat in the Caribbean. How can you pass that up?" James was considering the idea.

"By remembering that I serve others, not only myself." He said walking away, I saw Lizzie getting desperate.

"Commodore, I beg you – please do this ... if not for me for Lizzie. You can do whatever you want with me, just save Turner." I said James didn't look at me, instead he looked over my head at Gillette, father, Nessie, Lizzie and uncle Jack.

"I am to understand that I can take you back to Port Royal and send you back to England for your death, with no resistance on the condition I rescue Mr. Turner?" I nodded, I had made my choice, besides, if the curse doesn't get broken then I would die and so would the crew, it didn't matter, I knew where he truly stood now.

"That isn't a condition – a request, I know my fate and I except that." I whispered looking down.

"Free Mister Sparrow and prepare to come about. He'll give you our heading. Take Miss Swann back to her quarters and stand guard, no one but me is to enter." James instructed, I looked at my father, Lizzie and Nessie as Wyatt took me away. As soon as we entered he took off my irons and threw them to the ground.

"Char what on earth were you thinking? James is clearly pissed at you." He exclaimed I just looked down and cried. Wyatt pulled me into a hug and I just cried on his shoulder, I realised what I had finally said, I had sealed my death warrant. "Hey, hey, Char it'll be okay, we'll think of something I promise, you wont go to England. Do your Hanoverian cousins speak to you?" He asked, I shook my head, if it was Anne then it would be alright but George the ii we had never met, to him we were threats and if anything he would want to see me dead. "Look, I have to go back to my duty but I will come back later with your sister and father." I he said looking at me, I nodded and Wyatt kissed my forehead. I watch him leave and then I sat on my bunk and curled up, I was alone, I could probably escape but where could I go we are so close to Isla de Muerta I could here the rain and the wind that stormed outside it meant we were close. So close to breaking my curse. I just stared at the wooden wall, I heard my door open but I didn't look to see who it was.