Chapter 54 people of earth

It was just another day aboard the Ark... I think it was nearing a month now. Most of my days I spent in the room with Sometimes with Aunt Kate or waiting for her to get back from work.

The days were full of lessons not unlike school at home but I won't pretend like it was anywhere near as fun. Back home I had my friends to spend time with and got to practice magic but here it was mostly just lessons and I seemed to be the only child on the ship... though I guess that's just perspective because according to aunt Kate I hadn't even seen 10% of the Ark.

Though I suppose that's not entirely accurate. From what I've heard most of the Ark is used for something called Cryosleep. All I know is people are supposedly in there.

But I was adapting. At least as best I could. Reading English was fine but some of the other lessons were exhausting to figure out, mostly the things involved with numbers and these different formulas for how things worked.

Strangely though science wasn't too bad. Definitely challenging and requiring some thinking but ultimately it works sorta like magic... I wonder if the people of the Ark could ever use magic. Though I suppose we'd have to get home to know.

Afterall the power of our magic comes from two sources. Ones self for their own element and to cast other elements they must draw upon the power of the world itself to use magic belonging to the titans.

Because of that I could only really use healing magic right now. But I would still practice in my free time.

But either way on this day like and other I was making my way back from the medical wing after another health check to the room I shred with Aunt Kate but on the way...

Sirens began blaring. Some words were being shouted over the intercom but I couldn't make them out over the other loud noise.

Either way it didn't take a genius to know something was very wrong and I wanted to make my way back to the medical wing but a giant wall came down blocking me off. What was this? An emergency... aw what was the word again? Airlock?

Either way it was locked down and I appeared to be stuck in this hallway. Normally I'd sit down and wait for things to calm themselves but this was some emergency situation and... something felt off so I found one of the storage rooms and went in there. It was barely lit but I could make out a vent.

Thankfully no smell was coming out of it so it was safe for now.

I waited for a bit but while the sirens stopped blaring I heard something much worse... growling right outside the room.

Something was outside and it wasn't friendly I heard scratching in the doors. I didn't want to stick around so I lifted the vent covering and slipped in.

I'd need to move fast though because if air was coming out that means whatever is out there would probably be able to smell me and this grate wouldn't stop them.

...

It was dark but I crawled my way through the vent feeling ahead and eventually I made my way to another grate. But it wasn't budging.

It was fairly cramped in here but the advantage of being 8 years old means you're small enough to just barely move around in small spaces.

After positioning myself I kicked the grate. Time and time again but I was barely loosening it. I decided to try using my healing magic to see if I could increase the energy in my leg and deliver a kick as hard as I could ignoring any injury I may get... and sure enough I broke off the top two hinges then after a few more kicks I was able to bend the grate down enough to get out of the air vent.

Still for how advanced most of the Ark seemed something about this room felt... old. From a different time I guess.

I saw what looked like two large tubes half sticking out of the ground with what looked like nameplates but it was too dark to really make out the words.