Achoo, Achoo, I Love You

Achoo!

"Uck!"

Peter stopped as he reached the fire escape outside Gwen's bedroom window, sniveling up the snot that was dribbling again already despite him stopping only seconds ago to wipe it away. Being sick sucked. But it sucked even more when he had already made plans that he didn't want to cancel. So far, he had managed to hide his cold from Gwen throughout the week. It hadn't been too difficult at first and it seemed like it was fading. At least until he woke up that morning after being blasted out of his dreams by a sneezing fit. It was the middle of summer and he was freezing.

He hadn't really caught a cold or been sick at all since becoming Spider-man, with the exception of one time during his early days of catching crooks and criminals. But it hadn't happened in so long that he'd pretty much forgotten that he could still get sick as well as what it was like to be sick. Though he wasn't about to let that stop him.

Stuffing the used tissue into the pocket of his jacket, he raised his fist and tapped on the pane of glass. Gwen was seated at her computer, her eyes were glued to the screen until the sound of his knock caught her attention. She was already dressed too, in a pair of black jeans, a pink top and white silky summer scarf. As she crossed over to the window, she paused for a second and eyebrows pulled together in a frown. He could just about make out the shape of her lips to understand what she was saying, and as usual, she was unsettled by his disastrous appearance; his chestnut hair scuffed up and falling all over his head, his nose as red as beetroot and his eyes looking like they were glass.

She gaped at the sight of him and rushed to get the window open as quickly as she could. As she slid it upwards, Peter climbed through but she didn't have the chance to question him before a loud sneeze erupted from him like a volcano, and despite his hands over his face, showered her in snot. His eyes widened, mortified by what he'd just done and he reached into his pocket, grabbing the snotty tissue he'd stuffed in there only a moment ago and offered it out to her.

"Uhh… Did kisses get old that fast that now we're using sneezes to greet each other?" She joked, pushing his hand with the tissue back towards him. "You can keep that."

"Oh my God!" He blurted, as the tingling sensation traveled through his nose once again. "Gwen, I'm so- so-" He broke off as another loud sneeze came from his person. "I'm sorry." He sniveled.

"It's… fine." She screwed her face up as a tsunami load of green snot oozed into his tissue. "Are you okay?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow in doubt.

"Y- Yes I'm f-fine." He shivered. "Ready to go?" He questioned, flashing a sloppy toothy smile at her.

But Gwen was not taking his answer. She rolled her eyes at his obvious lie and stepped forward, unafraid of catching his cold, and pressed the back of her hand to his forehead. Her eyes widened in alarm and she moved quickly to close her bedroom door and remove her scarf before forcing him down onto the bed.

"Peter, you are not fine. You- You're burning up!" She panicked.

"No, no!" He attempted to assure her. "Please can we still go? We've been planning this for weeks."

"Absolutely not!" She scoffed, folding her arms across her chest. "We will reschedule our plans, but for now we need to get you better."

Peter grinned. "I am better. Seeing you works like magic!"

"Sure it does." She sighed. "But we are not going anywhere tonight, Peter. Now get in bed."

"No."

Another sneeze. Followed by another, and then another resulted in more sniveling and having had enough of him using the same snot covered tissue, Gwen snatched it from his hands. Suppressing a gag at the sticky green snot, she tossed it into the trash can and picked up the box of tissues from her desk, placing them on the bedside unit.