17

❝𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍. 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍.❞

(Surah At-Tawbah:27)

“Zoe, is there any problem?” Asfandyar asked glaring Shyan who looking at his wife anxiously, scared of her reply. Averting his attention back to his sister, “Tell me, Shehzadi. Is it because of him?”

Taking a quick glance of her husband, Zoya mumbled, “I’m fine, Bhai.”

Aiman noticed the tension between the couple and furrowed. It was not about how Zoya acted but the way her husband had an uneasy face whenever he looked at her. Watching Shyan, Aiman was actually grateful, he deserves to be stressed, scared and disturbed just like how he made her feel the past few days. Unknowingly, a smile made its way to her lips.

Wrinkles formed on Asfandyar's forehead as he took notice of the smile on his wife's face. Alarmed from his calculating gaze, she dropped her smile and looked on with a serious face. Ignoring the weirdness of the situation and her reaction, he turned to his sister, “Do you want to call Dad?”

Zoya looked up instantly and nodded realizing she needs it.

As Asfandyar took out his phone to make call, Shyan advised, “The signal is bad here. It is better around the pool!” Looking into his phone, the latter agreed and took Zoya with him. Aiman was about to tag along when her husband turned to her, swiftly.

“We’ll be right back!” he exclaimed looking at Shyan and Aiman before leaving behind his sister.

“Why do you look soar? Am I not a good company?”

Glaring at the smirk forming on her ex’s lips, she groaned internally. Looking around the room finding no one else other than them, she actually was annoyed with her husband and his obsession with privacy. Maybe, leaving the room will be the best! She agreed with the thought and stood up to leave.

As she was passing him by, she felt a sudden push and her back hitting the wall behind her. When she opened her eyes to see what actually happened, she was infuriated, “What the Hell is this, Shyan?”

“You think you could easily get away from me after what you did?” he spat. “Nah, Mrs Asfandyar Siddiqui. You misunderstood me. I’ll make you regret your each action from the very beginning to the end.”

She looked up hearing him pronounce end in a wounded yet violent way. Lowering her eyes to not fall for his charm, she asked, “Why cannot you just let the past stay there and focus on your present. I bet, Zoya is a gem compared to me.”