6

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐭 (ﷺ) 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝, ❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒉𝒚𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆:
1. 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔, 𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆.
2. 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 𝒊𝒕 (𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 ).
3. 𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕. (𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒊𝒕.)❞

(Sahih al-Bukhari 33)

"I'm diagnosed with Lung cancer," Rehman Siddiqui declared

"I'm diagnosed with Lung cancer," Rehman Siddiqui declared. It hurts, the feeling that he has no more time left to share with his people was excruciating but he hardly had any option. All the old man could do was accept his, no matter what's written on it. Withal, he didn't let a teeny bit of his pathos show upon his face.

"You are trying to prank me?" Shyan questioned, inspecting the man's face. The lack of grief in the man's face felt like a confirmation to his assumption, "Definitely! You are lying." He was never good with reading someone's eyes which failed him in seeing the vulnerability of the man behind the dull brown orbs.

The former didn't like the fact that Shyan thought his words are false. Letting the façade of a sweet old man slide, he snapped, "We Siddiquis never lie." Staring right into the eyes of the young man in front of him, he added, "Neither we go easy on deceivers." He didn't avert his eyes from that of his daughter's fiancé till he saw uneasiness in those grey eyes.

Trying to get rid of the man's intimidating gaze, Shyan asked, "So, you treatment is going on?"

Rehman let the reason behind his brief out, "Age is not just a number. It matters!" He reminisced how his friend looked at him helplessly when the man uttered he had a little time left in the world.

"But there should be some way!" Shyan argued, trying to persuade the man who was counting his last days. It is true, he didn't like the family. He only wished to use them against Aiman but he was unaware of the firm friendship between the heads of the two families. He realized that the man meant a lot to his father when his father agreed for the proposal he brought right after hearing about the girl's father's name. He hardly cared for people but when it comes to his father, he would let the world at stake to see a small smile on the man's lips. Now the man had declared that he would leave the world soon, Shyan could imagine the gloomy face of his father at the news of the old man's demise.

"There might have been," Rehman nodded, "but not anymore." Meeting the accusing eyes of the young man, he asked, "You think I don't want live? I looked for every possible way to breath more than what's written in my fate but the disease won't let me." He lowered his eyes, dejectedly, "I'm in the last stage. There is no escape from death, I know. Still, it hurts!"

"Fuck!"

"Look at that woman," The old man pointed to a picture on the wall where his daughter was grinning looking at him. "She is a dangerous woman with a ferocious heart. To the man next to her, she is a shehzadi (princess) for whom he could kill thousands, mercilessly. I don't know if I should tell this to you or not but she is the reason why me and my wife are together now." Tears welled up in his eyes as he reminisced the hard days, "She was nothing less than a blessing to me. She was so small but the hopes that came with her was gigantic."

Shyan made a quick smile when the man turned to him. He didn't understand why the man was bragging about his daughter. It was clear the man loved her but what's the need to bring her into the conversation. He knew the woman was spoilt and her father worded it out. He looked on, intently, trying to show he was excited to know about the freak who now became his fiancé.

"You might be thinking why I'm blabbering all these stuff, aren't you?" Rehman chuckled, making the other one pull out a reluctant smile. Taking a sharp breath, he uttered, "I never let a scratch on Zoya. Don't worry, I'm not asking you to become some super hero because that's something only a father could. I want you to promise me that you will never be the reason behind her tears."

The young man stared at him, flabbergasted. He was not well with promises, he had a problem with promises because to him it felt fragile. Moreover, the promise the man asked from him felt like out of the world because it is Zoya's tears which could wreak havoc in Aiman's married life and that was what he was planning. Not wishing to make an empty promise, he tried to object, "I don't believe in promises. They are breakable!"

Rehman agreed, "You are right. Promises are breakable." His face hardened when he added after a second, "So are engagements." No emotion displayed over his face when he uttered, "You maybe my friend's son and I do trust him. I didn't waste my time prying information about you because I trust your father but it doesn't matter. Nothing is worth enough to break my daughter's heart."

Shyan looked at the man in disbelief. Is the man seriously going to call off the engagement because he denied to make a promise? To change the topic, he asked, "Didn't your family put a fight when you refused to be treated?"

"Oh, that would obviously happen when they know!" The latter shrugged, "I don't think they would be happy to know about my disease. Why sadden them when there are thousands of reason to bring a smile on their faces?"

Shyan was relieved that the man let go of the promise but how wrong was he.

"Promise." The old man demanded.

The latter gave in, knowing his denial could put an ultimate end to his devious plan, "I promise." Moreover, it is not like he is going to fulfill the promise. He did feel bad on making a false promise to a dying man but not doing so will kill his ego which he would never do. Trying to know more about the man's disease, he queried, "How much time is left for you?"

Rehman thinned his lips, "Six months. That's the maximum they said." He gave a sharp look at Shyan, "Don't think you could escape the promise. I've a son who is more than enough to deal with you."

゚☆゚.*・◕.♡。゚✿ °

"I think we can wait till Zoya's graduation." Raees looked at each face in the hall before settling at the grinning face of his son's fiancé. The man gave her a warm smile. He knew the girl was not happy with the sudden proposal, so he thought to go with what the girl would be happy with.

Not happy with his father's decision, Shyan objected, "She can study after marriage!"

"Come on, Bhai. Don't be an obsessive lover. Let her enjoy her single life a little more." Rabiya stated.

When he tried to come with another argument, his mother interfered, "Yeah. She is right. Else, the marriage will be too soon for Zoya." Her words earned a groan from her son but she ignored it.

Asfandyar watched them, feeling content. The way the family chose Zoya's comfort over their son's demand had him feel that his sister is going in safe hands.

"I think Shyan is right. The marriage should happen sooner." Rehman suggested, surprising everyone. He didn't wish to die before his daughter's wedding.

"Sooner as in?" Asfandyar furrowed.

"The Next month." He said, precisely, leaving no room for doubt. His daughter looked at him teary eyed, he was making her feel like a burden.

Shyan looked at Aiman who stood rooted to her place, hearing her father-in-law's declaration. Ah! This is going to be fun.

゚☆゚.*・◕.♡。゚✿ °

Vote, comment and share.