Chapter 1

I dreamt of a beautiful body of water, it glistened silver and shimmered as waves came upon my ankles. I sat perched at the edge of the sand, where it meant the vast ocean. It was clearly a dream, because I get uncomfortable around large bodies of water. The water lifted, parting so that I could walk down an aisle underneath, follow it to find some-

My eyes snapped open. A weird sensation going through my body. I felt as if my body were tingling. I sat up and sighed, going over the dream again. The same dream that occurs frequently. A whisper faded into silence, I stood abruptly not sure what I would do. After enough time had passed that I felt like a crazy person (I mean I was staring at my empty room as if Jason was about to appear somewhere, which is just unrealistic) I shifted and opened my curtains to let in some sunlight.

Well what little sunlight was out. My stomach growled so I hurried down stairs to eat a bowl of cereal and watch Inuyasha. As I poured my milk, I heard a squeaky meow from a little kitten. Coming from the back door, I opened it then bent over to pick it up. It let me.

"Hungry. Scared."

"I see. You can have breakfast with me then. Your mom too once she gets here."

Dad came in at his usual six fifty-seven AM, commenting on the cat and how I'd better stay in the house. The usual. No need to mention that he punched the cabinet, breaking it with his bare fist. Shouting at me.

He's just sleepy. . .

I should have finished those last two chapters.

I patted the kitties head looking out the window."Guess your moms not coming. You know kitty, I really like this house. I wish I could go to school though. I know you don't know what school is but I thought you outta know my struggle."

The soft purrs from the kitten calmed me. "Ah. Your mom is here."

I let him leave, noticing the smelly garbage bag. Ew. Thanks for forgetting dad."I'll see you two later. Come by anytime."

"Thank you!"

I smiled as they frolicked away. Okay garbage prepare to be taken out. I grabbed and pulled, heaving the bag over my shoulder while trying to ignore the smell. Yuck, was something leaking from it? Exiting through my back door I jumped the four steps to my lawn, crossing my backyard towards the gate by the alley. I stepped through the gate, leaving my yard. Walking towards the left I tossed the garbage bag into the dumpster disgusted. Before I could turn around though I heard. . .

"Stop."

I paused, clearly this was one of the birds its high but soft voice echoed throughout me.

"He's watching you. Their all watching you."

Who is watching me? That's not important."What should I do?" I barely whispered. My hands trembled, not long after my whole body shook. I'm guessing it was out of fear. I wasn't suppose to be out of the house but no-

"Keep your head down. Scratch your arm, don't go into your house. Leave."

Wait."But-"

"Leave!" I was ordered urgently.

I shifted 90 degrees and did as she instructed. But where am I going? I need to go in the house. My dad is going to be. . .I have to go to the house. My eyes were glued to the floor, that is, until I saw the shadows casted.

I saw them.

Their eyes glowed a vicious blue no matter the demographic difference. My pulse quickened significantly.