Chapter 28: Home

*Bailey's POV*

As soon as I awoke, a smile appeared on my face, and I sighed contently. Parker's arms were still securely wrapped around my waist, spooning me from behind. Without moving too much and waking her up, I extended my arm, reaching for my phone. I first noticed a few unread messages from Shay and knew precisely what her texts were regarding. Little did they know, I was awake for their small conversation last night. The pictures she took of Parker and me sleeping together. I opened her text, and the sight displayed on the screen before me was simply a work of art that brought happy tears to my eyes.

The first image was of my beautiful professor draped nearly on top of me with her gorgeous tattooed, strong arms around my abdomen. Her head rested beneath my chin, in the crook of my neck, and my arms held her in place. Both of us looked utterly serene and entirely at peace. Shay's final two photographs were merely slight variations of the first, but one constant element remained throughout... we never let go of each other.

After gazing at all three images for a third time, I felt a yawn begging to escape. I set my cell phone down and carefully adjusted myself to look at my professor. I wasn't too worried if she would wake up from my movements because I was sure she'd want to stay with me. When I finally turned around to face her, I was greeted with the most endearing smile and bright blue eyes as my teacher was awake, "Shay was right; we are adorable together."

Her words made me blush and invigorated me with the silent hope that one day we could take things further. The more time we spend with each other, the more I'm convinced our feelings continuously grow. When we are ready, I want nothing more than to be hers and to be able to call her mine. I chuckled, replying, "Yes, we are."

Parker gently pulled me to her and held me in her arms without saying anything else. I decided to take a chance and see how she would react when I intertwined our legs, adding to our closeness. I wasn't expecting to be rewarded with a soft kiss on the top of my head that made goosebumps erupt all over my body. Being in Parker's arms made me feel the safest I had ever felt in my entire life. As I closed my eyes, I let my mind reminisce on the past month; to remember and never forget how far I had come.

The day Parker took me to the reservoir will forever be engraved in my memory. There are many reasons attributed to why that is, but that was the day she helped me more than ever. The beauty radiating from every part of the evergreen forest could only be described in the deepest of dreams. Parker's wholesome, wise words about nature were otherworldly, and they connected with me on a level I never knew was possible. There's no way I can forget how sexy my teacher was when I saw her practically naked. She was still slightly wet, wrapped in a towel, her tattoos were shining, her muscles were glistening, and her gorgeous damp hair flowed down her back... every little detail only added to how attractive she is to me, and I can't wait to show her how I feel... Parker's so... sexy...

A few days after Parker and I went on that little retreat, I had a check-up back at the hospital I was taken to when Victoria stabbed me. They checked the incision and stitches, making sure all was well. One of the nurses I remember was also there and commented on my appearance. I wasn't as skinny and malnourished as I looked when I arrived. I was given an all-clear, and when the doctor hoped he never had to see me again, I laughed, agreeing with him. I knew I was in Parker's perfect hands and wouldn't be hurt again.

As the investigation into my ex continued, news of who she really was and what she had done spread like wildfire. Parker came home from the university many times with get-well cards from my classmates. Most knew I was dating Victoria though they had no idea of the horror that entailed. Both Lisa Berry and Braylon Mayer wrote how sorry they were, and if they had paid closer attention to what was happening, they would have helped me escape that scary situation. It was so sweet to say; I wanted to thank them.