chapter twenty-eight | almost

TAKEN DOWN FOR PUBLISHING (If I could've kept it all up I would've!)

・●・○・●・○・●・

2,994 words.

Question: What should my next book be?

Hitch Pepper

— angsty, dark, gritty —

Hitch Pepper might've had a stupid name, and a personality that drove me crazy, but that didn't stop her from being gorgeous. Everyone knew it, guys and girls alike.

And my buddy Phil Childress sure knew it, which was why he plucked up the courage one night in '74 and asked her out after years of pining for her.

I was happy for him at first, until things started to change and she stopped being my buddy's girlfriend in my eyes.

I didn't plan to fall for a mess of a girl with a stupid name like Hitch Pepper, especially when that girl belonged to my best friend, but I did anyway.

Stay Away From the Miracle Men

— mysterious, romantic, deep —

"Stay away from the Miracle men."

Gemma Lyons had heard that her entire life, never truly understanding who these "Miracle men" were and why the women in her family seemed to be so hateful of them, but that was all before Mylo Miracle moved into town her eighth-grade year.

He never once spoke to her, and she made sure to heed her family's warnings and keep her distance, but that never stopped their eyes from connecting across school hallways and crowded rooms.

The only thing that seemed dangerous about him was the way his eyes made her feel, and the fact that she couldn't get him out of her head.

She continues to keep her distance from him until fate gets in the way, and she unknowingly signs up for a job at his family's restaurant the summer before college. Only then does she finally come to understand her family's sacred warning.

Lying by the Lakeside (don't get attached to the name I might change it)

— witty, romantic, heartfelt —

When Olive Mars Eldridge hits a tree and gets ejected through her windshield on a cold and rainy night on an unfrequented back road, she thinks she is going to die.

It's then when she begins to think about her life, thinking of all the things she could have done differently if she had to do it all over again, all of her regrets coming to light.

It comes as no surprise to her when she starts to think about a certain boy from her past—the boy who had taken her heart long before her husband tried to claim it.

The boy who still had her heart.

Nash Klein.

If that was even his real name.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT TO MAKE ME SMILE!!!