[3] - Origins: Marinette Dupain-Cheng

"Marinette! You better hurry up and get down here otherwise you'll be late for school!"

Shit! Not again!

Hearing the muffled yet urgent calls of her mother Sabine downstairs, the ravenette snapped out of her slumber and practically flew out of her bed and down to the center of her bedroom. Her rather lavish bedroom with the clear color codes of different shades of pink. The only thing that wasn't pink was the dully and tangled black hair that currently hung loose and sprawled out over her shoulders.

As the girl scrambled down the stairs from her room to try to be ready for school on time; with one hair tie between her teeth and the other lifting her hair up into a single round and messy pigtail, her slippery feet nearly got caught on the last step, causing her to slip with a "Wha-!" and spin in a clumsy circle in an attempt to catch herself. With only half her hair tied up, she just barely caught herself on the rail of the staircase while her mother looked at her with great concern across the kitchen.

"You alright, Marinette?" Sabine questioned her child as she almost tossed herself down an entire flight of stairs in the rush she was in. "Y-Yup! Just fine, Mom." Marinette reassured quickly with a nervous laugh of embarrassment, getting herself back flat on her feet and stabilized once again.

After knowing that her daughter was perfectly fine, Sabine simply laughed and turned around to face the pancakes she was cooking. Meanwhile, Marinette looked deranged with her wide-legged stance to maintain her balance with half her hair still a rats nest from not being brushed or up in a second pigtail. She let out a short sigh of annoyance towards herself as she finally put the other half of her hair up into the second pigtail she needed to complete the do.

"I'm sorry, Mom. My alarm must've skipped its shift again." Marinette chuckled sheepishly with her dainty hand on the crook of her neck and her secretly checking her hair to make sure she didn't miss any strands of hair.

Sabine secretly rolled her eyes while using the advantage that Marinette couldn't see her do it. "Uh huh. Are you sure you didn't just click snooze again?" She tilted her head backwards slightly to face Marinette behind her with a skeptical smirk.

Marinette's bright diamond eyes widened briefly before her shoulders slumped and she whined in defeat. "Maybe! Maybe I accidentally did. But you can't blame me for an accident!" Marinette quickly tried to recover from her simple mistake that could lead her to being late. She was always embarrassed that she overslept through her alarm clock so often. It was such a regular occurrence that she was surprised she wasn't a grade behind in school.

Sabine laughed slightly at her daughters efforts to justify her lateness as she plated the pancakes onto their plates she had on the counter next to the stovetop. "If you say so. But you better eat up so you still have time to get dressed." Sabine put the pancakes in front of the barstool that Marinette then chose to sit herself down. It was her saying that that made the ravenette realize she was still in her pajamas. "Right-"

It was Marinettes own rush to shove food down her throat that cut off her words. The delicious taste of her mothers cooking melted in between her tastebuds like washing waterfalls of delicious flavor in her mouth. The salty butter mixed with the sweet taste of the pancake batter was truly a match made in heaven. Nothing could accent these two flavors better than each other, let alone made by one of the best bakers in Paris.

"Mmm..." Marinette quickly inhaled the tasty breakfast provided to her by her talented mother and used the collar of her shirt to wipe her lips dry of any melted butter excess. "Thanks, Mom. That was really good. I'll go get changed now." She smiled at Sabine warmly and a little sheepishly as she climbed off the barstool in preparation head back upstairs into her room to find an outfit to wear. Sabine returned the glowing smile of satisfaction and started wiping off the counters of any cooking messes, excusing her daughter to leave the room.