Ch.5

Liams POV

As the car went off and started making it's way to our secret interview secret location, I decided to move one seat in front to make some space for Niall so he could lie down in the back of our black van. I know he said he felt fine, but I didn't believe that for just one second. Niall's cough sounded even worse that it did this morning, not to mention that it showed that he couldn't bare the pain

However with Niall you had to be gentle with things. You couldn't just bombard him with accusations or else he'd break down. We all knew that too so we had to be careful. As the car started up, I moved up to give Niall the option to lie down all over the back row of the car,

"Hey Niall, you can lie down at the back." I said pointing to the empty seats.

"Uhm, well I guess. Thanks Liam." he said crossing the seats to reach the back. Once he laid down all over the seats and closed his eyes, there was a second of relief that he was definitely feeling. However I knew Niall wouldn't be comfortable for long. The car was soon going to be either too hot or too cold for Niall and I knew that he most definitely wouldn't enjoy that at all.

I stared at him for the remaining thirty minutes we had until we'd reach our location. I'd hoped that he'd be able to get some good sleep in the car, however all he was doing for the past five minutes was muffling coughs into his elbow and siffling like crazy.

I decided to not bother him for the remaining minutes so I just occasionally pat his back if he got into a cough attack. But as soon as we reached our area I was sure to hand him some water to clear out his throat.

It was kind of scaring me how severe his cold seemed to be getting. His body wasn't even giving him a break. He was coughing, sniffling, shivering, and wincing at every single movement. Not to mention that a coat of sweat was always on his forehead. He'd wipe it occasionally, however I didn't even think he noticed how much he was sweating at all.

Once we reached inside the interview area, we were all immediately sat down on a big blue couch which was suited to fit four people, but however the couch somehow fit all five of us at once. Niall decided he'd wanted to stay farthest away from the microphone just in case he coughed into it, and I decided to agree so I could prevent any embarrassment from him. The poor lad was already feeling sick enough, so I didn't need to stress him out any further.

I looked at Niall who was sitting beside me on the couch to check if he was alright before the interview started in about five more minutes. I thought he'd be alright, but when I looked him up and down I noticed how he was sweating and there was something clear that told me that he didn't look okay. He looked dazed off and his eyes were puffy and red. I put my hand on his shoulder to grab his attention and see if he could look up at me, however he just did a loud sigh and put his head in his hands.

The other lads saw and for Zayn who was beside me, he seemed to have grown the most concern from all of this.

"Is he alright?" Zayn asked me, looking Niall up and down in his current position. I turned to Niall in his with his head in his hands and asked him if he was alright. I knew something like this would happen, and it was because Niall was pushing himself too hard for the fans. He needed to take a break.

"NIall, you alright lad? You feeling sick?" I asked trying to get something out of him. However all I earned was a chesty cough and right after that he leaned his head on my shoulder, breathing heavily. I really didn't mind, however management would have been pissed if this was done on camera if the interview was live. Paul who was a part of our security for the day looked at me for a second and in a couple of seconds he was by Niall's side too checking if he was alright.