Chapter 5

"Do you have to go?" Rain says in a pouty voice that makes Phayu give him an indulgent smile.

"We have to go feed, cute boy." Phayu rubs his head.

"You will be back the day after tomorrow right?" Rain already feels like he misses his boyfriend.

"Yes, the day after tomorrow, I promise." Phayu says.

Pai gives Sky a look as if he wants Sky to beg him to not go as well but Sky just rolls his eyes at this.

The two of them watch Phayu and Pai ride off on their bikes. "Admit it, you'll miss Pai." Rain says with a grin.

Sky just walks off without bothering to answer.

Sky sighs loudly the third time Rain runs to the window and peaks out at the parking lot, "Rain they aren't due back until tomorrow. Calm down."

It's Saturday and Sky had intended to pass the time reading his favorite manga series, but he can't concentrate with Rain bouncing around the room.

"Sky, let's go do something," Rain begs, "I need a distraction."

"Then go do something and leave me in peace." Sky picks his book.

Rain pouts at him and decides he might as well play a game, he looks around for his earbuds so he won't disturb Sky's reading. "Sky, have you seen my earbuds?"

"Where did you have them last?" Sky says without much interest.

"If I knew that they wouldn't be lost. Maybe I left them in my locker." Rain tries to remember.

"Then go check." Sky says.

Rain bounces on Sky's bed, "Come with me, please. I will buy you snacks while we are out and then you can read in peace all afternoon."

Sky tossed a pillow at Rain, "Just go get your freaking headphones. You can bring me back snacks, you owe me anyway."

Rain sulks at this but Sky is completely immune to his tricks. Finally Rain agrees to go on his own.

Rain smiles in relief as he spots his earbud case in his locker. He was afraid he had lost them and his allowance wouldn't cover a replacement. He would be lost without his earbuds, they are sometimes the only thing that helps when his sensory overload gets to be too much.

There is a little convenience store just outside the campus so Rain decides to go there rather than hitting up the vending machines because he can get more snacks for his money that way.

Rain is lost in his own thoughts, trying to remember all Sky's favorite snacks, so he doesn't notice the group of students in front of the store at first. Not until he hears Ple say, "Let me pass!" Then his head jerks to the group. Stop and Gun, along with three of their cronies, have Ple surrounded.

"Leave her alone!" Rain runs to where the group is.

"Damp cloud." Stop says with a grin, "Fancy meeting you here. You just can't help but stick your nose where it doesn't belong."

"And you can't help but be a bully!" Rain says moving into Stop's face. Ple is Rain's friend, but even if she had been a stranger Rain just could not stand aside and let her be harassed like this.

Rain doesn't have delusions that he can fight against the group, Rain is smaller than any of them even if it hadn't been five versus one. He does the only thing he can think of. While everyone is distracted by his and Stop's back and forth, he tells Ple to run and he takes off in the opposite direction.

He has just reached the highway in front of the store when his arm is grabbed.

"Not so fast, damp cloud, the party is just beginning." Stop says. "Too bad your boyfriend isn't here to protect you today."