Chapter 4 - Lady Mithian and a Knight Injured

Lady Mithian arrived the next day. Arthur and Merlin were there to greet her and her guard in the courtyard. Arthur gave the lady a big grin.

"Lady Mithian! It's wonderful to see you again," he helped her off her horse, giving the reigns to Merlin for the moment until the stable hands arrived.

"It's wonderful to see you as well, Prince Arthur," she gave him a small but warm smile. She turned to Merlin and nodded at him. "What's your name, servant?"

"My name is Merlin," he gave her his signature goofy grin as his hand ran down the horse's neck.

"It's nice to meet you, Merlin," Mithian nodded her head. Merlin blinked, but his grin fell into something softer.

"And I you, my lady," he bowed his head a bit before turning to one of the stable hands that had arrived to take the horse. He handed the reigns over before taking the Lady's bags that her on top of the horse.

"Let me show you to your quarters you'll be in while you're here," Arthur smiled as he held out his arm. Mithian blinked in surprise before she gave a small grin.

"Thank you."

Merlin walked silently behind them with her luggage as the pair made small talk to catch up with how things had been going in each kingdom.

"How has Nemeth been?"

"Well, a bit warmer this time of year," Mithian spoke quietly. "I suppose it's to be expected though. Father has been cheerier this season than he's been in a while. It's nice to see."

"I suppose it would be," Arthur grinned. "How long are you staying?"

"It depends, I've been told," Mithian gave a small mischievous smile. "I will have to go back to Nemeth at some point no matter the answer we come up with for our fathers."

"Very true," Arthur nodded. Merlin quietly conjured a beautiful red rose and put it in Arthur's free hand without Mithian noticing. Arthur grinned, stopping at Mithian's doors. "Here we are, my lady."

Merlin opened the door to put the luggage down while giving the two a moment. Of course, he could still hear them.

"Thank you, Arthur."

"My lady, will you do the honour of letting me court you?"

"Oh! Where did you get that from?" Mithian laughed in delight. Merlin could hear the grin in Arthur's voice as he replied.

"Magic!"

"Oh, Merlin," Mithian laughed, not fooled at all. "Yes, I would love that."

Merlin chose that moment to come out of the room, after letting his magic sweep the room quickly to make sure all was as it should be. Mithian had joy sparkling in her eyes. Arthur was grinning like a loon. Merlin tried so very hard not to laugh at him.

"I shall see you at the feast, then?"

"Yes, you shall, my lady," Arthur nodded. A woman came up to the two, clearly a servant. Well dressed, so Merlin assumed it was Mithian's personal servant.

"Ah, Elizabeth, you found you're way. I apologize for leaving you back there," Mithian gave the woman an apologetic smile. Elizabeth only smiled.

"It's alright, my lady," she shrugged. "I figured I would acquaint myself with some of the servants on the way here so I can find my way."

"Well, if you have any questions, you can always ask Merlin as well," Arthur laughed. "Gods knows he probably knows all the secret and unused tunnels of this castle by now, too."