The rumor.

"Ahh, yes, of course. I had almost forgotten."

Kaeya said, smiling slyly as he set down his now empty bowl.

"This 'rumor' was something I overheard while at Angel's Share. One of the adventurers was loudly speaking of a man named Zephyris. Supposedly, Zephyris was obsessed with the idea of becoming a god, and having something known as 'God remains', so he often visited the graves of known and unknown deceased gods and powerful energies to obtain the power he sought, but his relentless search ultimately led him to his own demise. No one seems to really know what happened to him exactly, or if he succeeded in his ultimate goal, but the hot topic right now is that Dragonspine is one of the places he came back to more than once on his journey., so something important must be here."

Kaeya explained without pause.
Y/Ns ears drooped slightly as he heard the name Zephyris. His late father had the same name. The only real 'memory' he had of his father was his mothers descriptions of him.

Albedo and Aether both listened patiently as Kaeya continued his story.

"Truth be told, I don't think that man accomplished his goal; a futile struggle really."

Kaeya concluded. Albedo nodded his head as he finished the last of his soup, taking Y/N and Kaeya's who had also finished as he started to clean up. Y/N put his face in his hands, rubbing his eyes as he tried to gather any memories he had of his father, but alas, nothing came to him.

Paimon yawned loudly, getting aethers attention who smiled

"Are you tired, Paimon?"

He asked

"Of course Paimons tired! Paimon was up so long helping Albedo!"

The little girl whined as she flew close to Aether. Albedo chuckled as he made his way to a desk positioned on the right side of the cave. He knelt down, grunting before standing back up. In his arms were what looked to be sleeping mats. Paimon cheered happily, pulling Aethers hand and leading him to Albedo.

The two carefully laid out different mats, and Kaeya praised there work before getting up and walking to one of the beds himself.

"I think we all could use some rest, no?"

Kaeya called as he sat himself down. Y/N glanced down at the bedding and then outside into the dark of night.

"..I won't be able to sleep for a while, so I'll be on watch duty tonight, hm?"

Y/N hummed. Paimon and Aether gave no rejections, and Kaeya simply hummed back.

The three of them laid down, leaving Albedo and Y/N to their silence. Y/N let himself daydream a bit, his mind wandering from his pack, to Razor, then trailing to his father and the rumor Kaeya spoke of.

Light footsteps sounded behind him, making his ears point in their direction. A hand was placed on his shoulder.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?"

Albedo asked as he looked down at Y/N. Y/N stayed silent for a moment. Would he be okay? He simple gave a nod. Albedo nodded back and returned to his friends to sleep next to them.

Y/N sighed gently, returning back to his thoughts, the only sound being branches in the wind. He leaned forward, resting his elbow on his leg, and his head on his palm.

He thought again about Razor and began to miss him. His eyes became slightly tired, allowing them to close, but only for.. a little while..