Chapter 3: Hiding The Monster.

Aubrey was sleeping peacefully when the birds started to tweet. She gasped loudly and sat up immediately. Looking around frantically. She saw that she was in Claude's room. Oh that's right, something weird and scary happened last night. She got up from the bed and walked towards the door and opened it and walked out. Walking down the hallway and walked down the stairs.

Aubrey: Claude?

She walked towards the kitchen, but he was not there. Usually around this time he would be cooking breakfast. She entered the kitchen and looked around, searching for him. Her eyes were laid on the kitchen knife. Her eyes widened when she saw blood on the sink. She gasped loudly and covered her mouth with her hand.

Aubrey: Claude...Claude?! Claude?! Claude! Where are you?! Where are you Claude?!

She yelled as her voice began to break. Looking around frantically and beginning to cry. She checked every room. She started crying.

Aubrey: Claude! Please where are you?! Claude! No please...

She fell down on the floor and beginning to cry. Chanting his name repeatedly. Asking where he is. But suddenly....

Claude: You called My Lady?

She gasped softly and turned around and saw him. Standing there. She stood up and ran up to him. Hugging him close and for dear life.

Aubrey: Claude! Oh thank God....you are okay! Are you hurt? Are you alright? Where were you?

Claude: Hold on My Lady, breathe.

She shakily took a deep breath. And exhaled it out.

Claude: I was outside. In the front pawn.

Aubrey: What was going on?

Claude: A mail just got delivered. We have each one.

Claude showed the two mails.

Aubrey: Oh...*sniffles* I'm sorry Claude...I was just so scared....

Claude: Scared of what?

Aubrey: In the kitchen. There...t-there w-was bloo...blood everywhere...

She took his hand and they both walked towards the kitchen. When they were in the kitchen, she pointed over to where the sink was. Claude walked towards the sink and saw the knife and the blood. He sighed heavily.

Claude: I think it must have been the raccoon outside. I left the knife stuck on the chopping board and the raccoon must've entered. Maybe it's legs must've been caught in the knife.

Aubrey: B-but...h-how could a raccoon even enter?

Claude: I believe it is my fault, I think I left the window open when you know...last night. I forgot about closing it so...maybe this explains why.

Aubrey: Ah...right...last night...*sniffles*

She wiped her tears and rubbed her arms.

Claude: Are you alright My Lady?

Aubrey: Yeah yeah I must've just...got a big frightened when I saw the blood.

Claude: My deepest apologies My Lady I must've given you an awful fright.

Aubrey: No it's fine. I just got scared for a bit. Sorry for scaring you.

Claude: It's okay.

Aubrey walked up to him and hugged him. He responded and rubbed her back. Knowing how she likes it. She rubbed her face on his broad shoulders.

Aubrey: I was so scared that something might have happened to you.

Claude: My Lady, nothing will ever happen to me okay? Nothing. We are fine. We are okay. As long as we have each other.