A mothers love

Charisma ran like lightning down the beach to the water, Dinah was close behind her. Charisma swam all the way out to where Harlow was still frantically searching for her brother. "Mom... mom... I cant find him..."

Charisma got to her and tread water as she held her daughter. "Look at me.. go back to the shore... Jago has some warm blankets in the car... go on go!..."

"But I need to find Leyton mom..

"I'll find him.. just go!.."

Harlow did as her mother said and as she got out of the sea she ran to her friends distressed.
Both Charisma and Dinah started searching, going under the water, trying to keep their eyes open but the salt water burned.

Jago was about to make the relevant calls. The first to Lamar, the second to Keegan.

"Cmon, Cmon baby!.." Charisma said literally out of her depth.

"Here!.." Dinah yelled. "There is something here."

Charisma made her way over to her and they both set about diving down deep in to the ocean. Charisma opened her eyes if only for a second and she caught sight of a dark shadow. "HERE!.. HES HERE!.."

Dinah swam to her as the currents were beginning to take them all out further into the ocean.
Charisma went under again. This time she managed to get low enough to grab at the shadow she had seen. She pulled it up to the surface, kicking her legs with all she had.

"No, no... baby boy... no..." she said holding Leyton in the safety position and swimming her hardest against the current with Dinah helping the best she could.

They got him up to the edge of the shore line. "Save him Mom please save him.." Harlow sobbed, seeing her twin lying there.

Charisma and Dinah both looked at each other. Dinah started pressing his chest and counting out loud as she did. When she stopped Charisma slightly tilted her son's head back and pinched his nose opening his mouth slightly she gave him mouth to mouth.
They both repeated this several times.

Lamar arrived and ran down the beach. "Oh my god!.. what the hell!.."

Charisma closed her eyes. "Please god! I know I don't pray to you as often as I should but please, save my good, good boy!.."
She gave him mouth to mouth one more time and he coughed and spluttered. The water that had been sitting on his lungs erupted from his mouth as his body ejected it.
He was still unconscious and that worried Charisma, he had been under water for so long she was worried about lack of oxygen and brain damage.

The ambulance crew took him immediately, sirens blaring to the hospital. Charisma went with him, the others followed by car.

———

"What the hell was he doing Harlow?" Lamar asked as he drove her to the hospital.

"I don't know, I was walking along the beach and I saw him by himself, he was just aimlessly walking towards the water and he wouldn't stop. I called out to him and ran after him, but he just looked me like he was dead in his eyes" she said with a tear in her own. "He just kept going and then he let the water envelope him, it was as if he just didn't want to live...

 "He just kept going and then he let the water envelope him, it was as if he just didn't want to live