Chapter Two

The morning sun peeked through the window blinds, casting a warm glow on the bedroom floor. Spencer stirred in his sleep before slowly opening his eyes, taking a moment to adjust to the brightness. He yawned and stretched, feeling his muscles loosen up as he sat up in bed. Another day had begun, and with it came the familiar routine of getting ready for work.

Spencer slipped out of bed and walked over to the closet, his footsteps barely making a sound on the plush carpet. He pulled out a clean suit and dress shirt, carefully inspecting them for any wrinkles before laying them out on the bed. Next, he made his way to the bathroom to start his morning routine. He splashed cold water on his face and brushed his teeth, taking care to use mouthwash for fresh breath.

As he walked past Y/N's room, he heard her stirring in her sleep. He gently opened the door and walked over to her bed, leaning down to softly call her name. Y/N slowly opened her eyes, a small smile forming on her face when she saw Spencer.

"Good morning," he whispered, his eyes warm with affection. "Time to wake up, sleepyhead."

Y/N groaned and rubbed her eyes, sitting up slowly as she adjusted to being awake. Spencer helped her out of bed, his arm around her waist as he guided her to the bathroom. He took a seat on the edge of the bathtub and carefully removed the bandage on her leg, revealing the wound that was slowly healing.

He was gentle as he cleaned the area with antiseptic, his touch soft and soothing. Y/N winced slightly, but he gave her a reassuring smile, his eyes filled with concern and care. When he finished, he carefully applied a fresh bandage, making sure it was secure and comfortable.

"All done," he said, standing up.

"Thank you," she whispered, her eyes meeting his. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Spencer smiled softly, his heart full of love and tenderness for the woman in his arms. "You don't have to worry about that," he said. "I'm here for you, always."

With careful steps, Spencer helped Y/N back to her room, his arm around her waist to steady her. She leaned heavily on him, her weight unsteady as she hobbled along. Once they reached her room, he helped her settle on the edge of the bed, making sure she was comfortable before stepping back to look at her.

"Let me pick out an outfit for you," Spencer suggested, moving to her closet. He perused her clothes for a moment before pulling out a plain, old grey shirt of his and a simple skirt that matched. The shirt was soft and well-worn, and he knew it would be comfortable against her skin. The skirt was plain but flattering, falling just above her knees, he didn't want her bandage to rub against a pair of jeans, so a skirt would have to do.

"Here, put these on," he said, handing the clothes to her before turning his back to give her privacy. He waited patiently as she changed, listening for any sounds of distress or discomfort.

Once she was dressed, Spencer turned back to face her and helped her to her feet. "You look great," he said softly, a hint of a smile on his lips. "Are you ready to come to the office with me?"

Spencer noticed the worry etched on Y/N's face and he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay," he said softly, "You don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. We can take it slow and go at your pace. You don't have to talk about anything you don't want to."

Y/N nodded gratefully, feeling a sense of relief wash over her at Spencer's words. She trusted him and knew that he would never push her to do anything she wasn't ready for. With a small smile, she reached out and took his hand, squeezing it lightly in thanks.

Spencer led Y/N out of the room and down the hallway towards the front door. He helped her into a pair of sneakers and they made their way outside to his car. Once they were inside, he turned on the engine and they drove towards the BAU building.