four.

"i'm sorry," sabrina was stood at hailey's locker the following morning, the girl had dramatically swung her locker open the second sabrina had approached and had been making a huge point of rooting around her locker as if she had lost something important. "i shouldn't have brought them up, i know how much you hate them being the topic of conversation." hailey considered the girls apology for a split second before her face broke out into a wide grin and she pulled the girl into a hug. "it doesn't matter," she shrugged. "let's just forget about it." sabrina nodded slightly. "how was family dinner?"

sabrina resisted the urge to break down and dissect every last word to the girl, but she knew the second the mention of aria came out of her mouth that hailey would have everyone told before the end of the day. "it was fine," she shrugged. "aubrey showed up late, mom slammed cutlery on the table because of it and dad pressurised me about my school life." hailey snorted, shutting her locker door. "the usual then," she commented, nudging sabrina. after the scene that had been caused in the girls house the night before, she had ran around the block a couple of times to burn down the frustration and then had tried to sneak back into her house. her mother had of course spotted her but she just ignored her presence and sabrina had escaped to her bedroom mostly unscathed.

"have you been to your locker?" hailey asked. "because i really don't want to be in that general area." sabrina rolled her eyes and waved her history textbook that was under her arm. "i thought you might say that," she shrugged. "so i came prepared and after class, i'll just meet you outside to avoid any crossovers." hailey grinned at her. "you know me so well, i'm flattered by your consideration." sabrina rolled her eyes jokingly. "it's not consideration for your feelings," she replied. "i don't want to get expelled because you strangle spencer hastings while i'm at my locker."

"this is my class," hailey waved towards the door they were approaching. "is it too late to skip?"someone cleared their throat from behind them and when both girls turned, hailey flushed red. "i was joking," she said, the woman signalling for her to enter the classroom. she turned back to sabrina and rolled her eyes. "i'll see you after english," she grimaced before trudging into the classroom, the woman following behind as if hailey was bound to make a sudden break for it if she didn't keep an eye on her. although sabrina wouldn't be surprised if hailey still had an escape plan, that girl would do anything to get out of spending time with her peers. if she was given the opportunity to be homeschooled, sabrina knew that hailey would snap it up in an instant.

sabrina turned and made her way back down the corridor, her history lesson was back by her locker but she hadn't bothered to tell hailey because she knew it would spark yet another argument on how hailey wanted to steer clear of that part of the school. she pushed open the door to her history class, letting out a small sigh of relief as she realised their teacher wasn't yet there. and then her eyes landed on the singular seat that was left. beside hanna marin who had mona vanderwaal on the other side of her, as usual. sabrina resisted the urge to turn and run, instead composing herself before she slid into the empty seat. she saw hanna's eyes flit over to where she was sitting but sabrina didn't bother even looking in her direction and eventually hanna tore her eyes away. sabrina didn't know much about hanna but she knew that the second hanna had gotten whatever makeover mona seemed to have put them through, she'd become slightly more hard to read than before.

their history teacher entered before sabrina could consider the possibility of fleeing the class, the man closing the door behind him dashed sabrina's hopes of escaping the blondes eyes that kept darting to her every so often. sabrina flicked open her notepad, jotting down the date at the top of the page before she felt someone tapping her on the shoulder. it seemed that the universe had taken to fucking with her for the fun of it and sabrina really was not appreciative of it. "hey," the blonde tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as sabrina raised her head slowly. "do you have a spare pen?" sabrina didn't know when or why her heart rate had suddenly sped up, she really didn't know what she was expecting hanna to say to her or why mona's glare was burning into sabrina from behind hanna's back.