❙ 000. Masterpiece: Introduction

Rating: M

Category: F/M, F/F

Fandom: My Hero Academia

Relationship: Various/Reader

Additional Tags: Canon Compliant, Canon Divergence, Canon-Typical Violence, Fantasy, Superpower, Romance, Friendship, Fluff, Light Angst, Hurt & Comfort, Fix-it Sorts, No Beta We Die Like Nighteye, Kidnapping, Fights, Bakugo Katsuki is Bad at Feelings, Todoroki Shoto is Bad at Feelings, Most of Them are Bad at Feelings, Everyone Needs Hugs, Everyone Has Issues, Kaminari Denki Is A Good Friend, Ashido Mina Is A Wingman, Midoriya Izuku Is a Ray Of Sunshine, Toga Himiko Is A Good Friend, Kyudai Garaki Is Crazy, All For One Is An Asshole, Manipulation, Reader-insert, Other Additionals Tags to Be Added

Warnings: Manipulative Parent(s), Constant Guilt-trippings, Suicidal Tendency, Attempted Suicide, Child Experiment, Human Experiment, Unethical Experimentation, All For One Being All For One, The Doctor Being Himself

Summary: Throughout the years in your previous life, your life is planned out with utmost certainty by your parents as you tried your best to fulfill everyone's needs and follow every request everyone gave. You're used to the expectations, and you're used to success, so used to the point your last failure ended your life.

Maybe it's a joke from the Gods above, or maybe a punishment for running away from your failure. You have reincarnated into another world, all to fulfill everyone's expectations of you once again. This time, as an experiment, and this time, in a manga you certainly don't find amusing.

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or anything related to it, such as characters, plots, etc. I do not own any images used in this story. I only own original characters that are introduced, and the plot of this fanfiction. I apologize for the grammar issues. English is not my first language.

***

People have always viewed you as a mature child throughout your life, and maybe it's from the apprehension of disappointing others, or letting down others, you always find yourself catching up to their expectations of you. You try your best: you smile, you become the best, you follow what your parents told you.

"It's for your own good."

You didn't know when, but your life slowly sailed into forming yourself to what people expected of you until your parents decided to take matters into their own hands and planned out your whole life since you were young. Maybe because you didn't know how to deal with it, maybe you're used to it, you just stayed silent, merely nodding and declaring an: "I'll do my best," to them.

Maybe because you thought it wasn't so bad.

Your parents cared for you, you remembered your cherished memories with them. They always tried their best to fulfill your needs, they took you to where you wanted when you were a child, they bought you everything you needed and wanted, and they're always so considerate with their words. They kept you safe, they always made sure you're at your 100% healthy.

It really is kind of them.

You were grateful for them. You were blessed with everything, really, like people said. It felt like cheating with how easy for you to be at the top with mere intelligence and personality. Teachers kept gushing over how much of a smart and good student you were, and your schoolmates marveled at you for you who were always ready to help others in need, be it for simple teaching sessions or your grades.

Your existence made everyone happy, it's enough for you.

Even if you slowly felt pressured by the honey-laced expectations that were put on you. To be smart, to be intelligent, to stand at the top, to never fail, perfection is all you are supposed to be, and if you were anything but perfect: it's not you. Those were the things you realized when you first let down your guard around people for the very first time.