Unnoticed

"

"... it appears that she died of blood clotting in her lungs. And she had cancer developing in her larynx. The cancer was probably because of high consumption of alcohol. Its quite a surprise that she was still alive until today with such serious conditions. Probably because she had been following a healthier diet over the past month as you told me." Ayaka got up from the chair and handed a few papers over to Xiao. She patted Xiao and gave him a sympathetic smile. "Stay strong Xiao. Death is unavoidable. Her disease was not a curable one. Especially with how malnourished her body was. Don't blame yourself if you are doing so"

Xiao did not say anything. Ayake left his room to give him privacy. Outside the room she met Kazuha, Venti, and everyone else.

"Sadly... she has passed away", Ayaka said to everyone indicating that Xiao was currently in his room to figure out his feelings.

The sun was already gone.

It was so unbelievably sad for everyone to hear about the passing away of Xiao's mother. It was only Venti who knew that she was not his real mother...

And now even Ayaka knows it.

But it was only Venti who had actually met her. And he knew that she was someone precious to Xiao even though she was not related to him.

"I will prepare the death certificate by tomorrow. As for the funeral... we need to arrange for that today itself.", Ayaka said to Xiao once he was out of his room.

"Funeral...", he looked at Hu Tao who was standing in the midst of everyone.

"I... I never wanted you to actually be my customer this early", she said with a mournful voice.

"What's happened cannot be changed. Hu Tao, I'll go and meet with the funeral parlor director today... your home that is..."

Aether and Lumine had nothing to say. They were both worried about Xiao. But Xiao's eyes were dry and dark. He did not look sad. But he seemed so empty.

"All of you... I thank you all for being here. But you all can head back home now. I'll... go see the funeral parlor director now. I'll inform you all about the funeral. Until then none of you have to stay here."

Xiao left with Hu Tao and everyone else eventually went back home. Only Ayaka and Kazuha stayed because Ayaka had to go through and write a bit more papers to properly issue a death certificate.

-

"This is my home Xiao...", Hu Tao said as she slowly opened the huge wooden door which seemed to resemble ancient Egyptian temples. "Please... come in"

Xiao went in. It was a huge home. More like a palace. He was simply following Hu Tao as he saw people who seemed like workers cutting wood into chunks.

"Those woods are used for... making coffins ", she explained. When they reached the end of the house, Hu Tao stopped in front of another huge door to a room. "Uncle Zhongli... I am here with a customer...", she said. But uncle? Wasn't the funeral parlor director her father?