It Was Just A Dream

NOTE**** for anyone who reads this, votes and comments are appreciated more than you know, so please, at least vote to let me know you like it. Thank you.*****

Sara Murphy's  POV

The dark figure of man stood over me admiring my bloodied body. I glared at him with the last of my reserved strength, my abdomen had been cut wide open, blood steadily pooled around my body. My throat was dry and I wanted desperately to cough but feared it would rip what was left of me.

He smiled down at me. Was he enjoying this? Why couldn't he just walk away and leave me to die in peace.

I tried to lift my head to look at him fully, but I was just too weak from blood loss.

I closed my eyes and said to him, "If you're going to just stand there, then make yourself useful and finish me off!"

He eyes bore intensely into mine as he knelt down to my level.

"Why?" He asked in a whisper.

"Because that is what I want," I murmured, my eyes were beginning to loose focus, the darkness was approaching me. "If you have even a shred of mercy in you, then put me out of my misery." I took a shallow breath. I didn't have much time. I'd better make this quick.

"Please, please." I pleaded.

He looked at me a moment, was he considering it?

I closed my eyes, I could keep them open any longer. My heart slowed down til it was barely beating. This was it, the end for me. I didn't have the energy to feel fear about what was wait for me on the other side or even if there was another side. I just wanted it to be over with already.

My body felt numb and heavy, but somehow I managed to feel his hand stroking the hair away from my face. I felt him tough the side of my neck lingering there for a second before he pulled his hand away.  

I gulped one last greedy breath before I ceased existing.

                                                                       And that was it.

*****************************************

Dun, dun, dun.......don't worry there's more to this story, this is just the prologue.