Chapter 18 - You Cannot Stop This Mr. Doctor

- (Y/n)'s POV -

You woke up dizzy. You must have only been out for a few minutes. The Rotundas had new picturesque views and you heard grunts come from the nearby room.

Stephen.

You got up as quickly as your battered body could and ran after the sounds.

The relic room.

You found Strange holding up a vase - the Brazier of Bom'Galiath.

If only he knew how to use it.

"You don't know how to use that do you?"

Stephen looked at the vase, and quickly hurdled it towards Kaecilius.

That's definitely not it.

You looked for something to help Stephen, who was now brawling with Kaecilius and trying his best to hold his own, now that he thought you were passed out next door. Something caught your attention. The red cloak from earlier, which you now recalled was the Cloak of Levitation, seemed more eager to be let out than earlier.

It wanted out, and perhaps it also wanted to help. You could only hope it was Stephen who it wanted to help and not Kaecilius. You stood back and started forming a spell that, if conjured correctly, would shatter the glass.

"Ready little guy?" You asked the cloak, as it stood at the ready. The more you thought about it, it wasn't really that little.

You heard grunts behind you, snapping you out of your thoughts and hoped you were making the right decision.

The glass cabinet shattered, sending shards every which way. You went to quickly shield your face but not before you caught a glimpse of red rush behind you. You turned just as you saw Strange being pushed over a railing, sending him over the edge, the magic red fabric following in suit.

"No!" You yelled now rushing to the banister.

Kaecilius was quick to send a spell towards you, entrapping your limbs to the ground and further inhibiting your movement. But thankfully, you watched as Stephen rose back up, the cloak now adorning his shoulders.

The relic chose him.

You couldn't help but smile in admiration.

You watched as Strange lashed a whip out at Kaecilius, landing back on the floor. Kaecilius was now struggling to get up off the ground. Stephen turned to grab a weapon off the wall, an axe, but you watched as the cloak upon his shoulders disagreed with his decision, instead pulling him in the opposite direction. They continued to fight against each other as you followed your gaze to whatever the cloak was trying to lead Stephen too. Then you saw it, hanging on the wall - the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.

"Follow the cloak!" You shouted.

He looked back, relieved you were ok, then reluctantly he ran towards the bulk on the wall, turning to throw it at Kaecilius just as he was starting to stand up. They worked. The bands had strung him up in a trap, allowing Stephen to catch his breath and release you from your spell. You hastily stood, checking he was ok as he engulfed you in a hug.

"Oh, thank god you're ok. I was scared you were dead." He said, brushing his hand through your hair before tipping your head back in his hands, scanning your face and noticing the small cuts the glass had left.

"Thank you for the idea." He said as a small smile washed across his face.

What idea?

But before you could even meet his face with an extremely confused look of your own, the cloak tapped his shoulder.