Chapter 3 - Phone Calls And Shitty Advice

Later That Night
9:21pm
Still Jax's POV:

I sat on the couch in the living room. Victoria was going to the bathroom, so I had plenty of time to call Juice really quickly.

"Hey, Juice." I said as he answered the phone.

"Hey, Jax. What's up?"

"Could you do the tattoo that I want?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, I can. What tattoo do you want?"

"I'll tell you before you do it for me." I told him.

"Alright. When?"

"...Tomorrow. " I replied.

"That'll work. See ya tomorrow." Juice muttered.

"Yup. Night, Juice."

I then hung up by closing my flip phone.

"Who was that?" Victoria asked me. I turned around, and smirked at her.

"Juice. Askin' him if he can give me that tattoo I was talking about last night." I replied. She nodded.

"You should probably get some sleep, sweetheart."

She made her lips into a flat line, and shook her head.

"I'm good."

My smirk faded.

"What's wrong?" I surveyed her.

"Nothing. Just..don't think I will be able to sleep." She mumbled.

"I'll sleep with ya tonight."

She had a shocked expression on her beautiful face. I did sleep with her last night (not like that). I helped her fall asleep. But, I never really offered to do that.

"Uhm- Okay. That's fine." She muttered. I could tell that she was excited. It was so easy to tell with her.

"Sweet. How about you go get ready for bed, then. I'll meet ya there."

She nodded, and went into her bedroom.

I wanted to tell her that I loved her so damn bad. But, I didn't have the balls to.

"Hey, Tori!" I hollered.

"Yeah?!"

"I'll meet ya in there in a few! I gotta make a call!"

"Alright!"

I sighed in relief, and flipped open my flip phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Opie! I've gotta talk to ya. I need some advice."

"I may just have the perfect advice. Depends on the situation." Opie replied.

"I need to know how I can tell Victoria that I love her."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the phone.

My best friend (other than Victoria) was good at giving advice. He wasn't as good as Victoria, though. Something about how she explains things is so calming, and reassuring.

But, Opie only had good advice for certain situations. Victoria had advice for it all. For everything. And if was all really good, and useful advice.

"Jax, are you sure that's how you really feel about your best friend?" Opie asked.

"Yeah. I have felt this way 'bout her for a long time. I just want to find a way to tell her soon."

"How soon?"

"I don't know...soon."

Opie sighed.

Opie always wore a beanie. A black beanie. He had a brunette beard and mustache, and he was just a bit taller than me.

"Just, start small talk with her. After that small talk, tell her that you need to talk to her, then tell her." Opie explained.

"That's what everyone does." I scoffed.

"But it works?"

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks, bro. Have a good night."

"Yeah, Jax. You, too."

I then hung up, and closed my flip phone.

I then got off of the couch, and walked into Victoria's room.

"Hey, sweetheart." I said sweetly. I leaned against the doorframe; admiring her features.

She wore a pair of short pajama shorts, and a shirt that looked familiar; it was my black t-shirt.

"I see you stole one of my lucky shirts."

She looked down at it. Her cheeks were now rosy, and a bit of embarrassment filled her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

"Nah, it's a'ight. Keep it." I insisted. Her mouth was slightly agape, and she just stood there.

"What? It looks great on ya."

"T-Thanks." She stammered. "So, I could steal the blue flannel you love to wear so much?"

"Don't you dare." I snarled playfully.

"I was just kidding." She giggled.

"I know, sweetheart. How 'bout we go to bed, a'ight?"

She nodded, and said, "Okay."

I threw off my vest, then my shirt. I saw Victoria staring at me from the corner of my eye. I didn't say anything. Didn't want to embarrass her. I just smiled.

I turned off the light, laid down on the bed, and threw the blankets over me and Victoria. I wrapped my arms around her, and let her snuggle next to me.

After a few minutes flew by, I decided to say something before I fell asleep.

I played with Victoria's hair, and kissed the top of her head.

I didn't know if she was asleep or not, but before I fell asleep, I said softly, "I love you, Victoria. I always will."