Prologue

Victoria's POV:
Thursday, May 26th, 2008, 2:31pm

I sat at the table in the kitchen beside my best friend Jax. He was eating a sandwich that I made for him, while I was drawing whatever came to my mind.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him peek over at my artwork.

"Whatcha drawin'?" He asked in between bites.

"Whatever comes to my mind." I sighed, clearly bored.

"When I'm done eating, I can take you for a ride." He offered.

I loved going on bike rides with Jax. I loved it so much.
Every other day when it was nice outside, Jax would take me for a ride in his motorcycle. It was always fun. It never got old.

"I'd love that." I chuckled softly. He shoved the rest of his sandwich in his mouth before looking at me with his signature smirk. That was always so adorable.

"Well, what are you waiting for, sweetheart?" He snickered. I always loved the nicknames that he had for me.

Jax is a kind guy. He has manners, he's protective, but to a good degree, and he's just everything a person could ever want or need.

He is handsome, too. He has a slight beard and mustache that is blonde, just like his hair that is slicked back sometimes. I like it better when it's not, though.

He has a few tattoos, as well. He even got one dedicated to me, as a sign of friendship.

I wish we were more than friends, though. I have for a long, long, time.

"Let's go on that ride, hun." He whispered, smiling like usual.

"I'll be right behind ya, big guy." I replied, a smile growing on my face.

I just hoped that Jax thought of me the same way that I thought of him. His blue eyes told you so much about him. Just one look at them, and you could know what kind of a man he was. That's how he's been ever since him and I were both three years old. His mother, Gemma even said that. Multiple times.

"Don't forget a helmet." Jax reminded me.

"Jax," I began. "I don't need a goddamn helmet."

"I'm just lookin' out for you, sweetheart." He chuckled slightly.

"Well, thank you." I replied in a sassy manner.

"Don't get sassy with me!" Jax laughed.

"I can if I want, Jaxie!" I shot back in a playful manner.

"You do you, Vicky." He teased. He hated being called "Jaxie." I hated being called "Vicky." We called each other that when we were mad at each other, or when we were messing around.

"Fine, I'll wear a helmet."

"Thank you." He responded.

"You're welcome." I said before sticking my tounge out at him.

A Few Minutes Later

The wind hit me and Jax's faces, sending our hair back. He made me wear a goddamn helmet.

My arms were wrapped around his leather covers waist, and my cheek was pressed up against his strong, firm back.

I closed my eyes. I imagined what life would be like if Jax and I were dating. It would probably be like paradise.

All I could do was have hope for that to happen. And hope for that to happen is what I did from the day that I knew what love was.

I hoped for Jax Teller to feel the same way that I do for him.

(Sorry this prologue is so short! I finally posted after a little while, so I feel amazing about that! If you watch/watched "Sons of Anarchy" y'all know who this smexy man is: Jax Teller. I mean, look at the cover! HOT! But, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter, and the chapters that I will post in the future!! Love y'all!)