𝟐𝟗 / ( better )

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

matty b 😽

hey can u come get me to make up w chris pls

of course
be there in 15

thank u so much !!

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Esti went outside as soon as Matt texted her that he was there. He unlocked the door and she went in.

"Hey," he said with a small smile.

"Hi," she replied. Her voice broke a little due to the nervousness she was feeling.

She had never been a confrontational person and hated arguments. She usually avoided them, so she didn't really know how to resolve them.

The boy noticed.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a bit nervous. Like, what if we can't fix this and he hates me?"

"You will be able to fix it and he definitely doesn't hate you."

"How do you know?"

"Just trust me."

Esti just smiled at him in response.

They made eye contact for a little longer than intended, before Matt cleared his throat and started the car.

"You can play some music that eases your nerves, the aux cord is in there," he said while pointing towards the storage compartment.

"Alright, thanks," Esti smiled and connected her phone to the aux. She put on her usual playlist on shuffle.

3 Nights by Dominic Fike came first, after that Hey Lover by The Daughters Of Eve could be heard in the car.

Esti was singing along and Matt was tapping his index finger on the steering wheel on beat. The girl was surprised that he enjoyed these songs.

At the end, Hey Lover! morphed into the first notes of Wildest Dreams. Esti skipped the song quickly.

"Why did you skip that one?"

"It was a Taylor Swift song. And I wouldn't want you to get brain damage while driving," she stated simply.

"I told you earlier that I don't mind."

"I know, but I didn't know if that was still standing. Wanted to be sure you enjoyed this car ride as well. Since, you know, it's your car."

"Well, you can put it back on. I don't mind. I have to study the lyrics to her songs anyway."

"Why?" Esti asked with curiosity.

Matt's cheeks flushed as he looked guilty, as if he was not supposed to say that.
"No reason. Forget about it."

The girl wanted to interrogate him about this, but she didn't because she saw how uncomfortable he was with her question. So she put on Wildest Dreams again.

When they arrived at the triplets' house, Matt waited for Esti to open her door. When she didn't, he looked at her with a soft expression.

"You don't have to be nervous, it'll be alright. Just tell him how you feel exactly and why you feel that way. You know Chris, he'll understand."

"Yeah, thanks Matt," she said with a small smile.

"No problem," he smiled back. He got out of the car and opened the girl's door. They stepped to the door together, which Matt opened.

When they didn't see anything in the living room, Matt spoke up.
"Chris is probably in his room. You got this. I'll be waiting here until you're done."

Esti gave him a nervous but genuine smile.
"Thank you so much, Matt."

He rubbed her back gently and gave her an encouraging look.

She went on to Chris' room and knocked on his door.
"Come in!"

When Chris looked up from his bed and saw Esti standing in his doorframe, he sat up straight and took out his earphones.
"Hey. What's up?"

"I just wanted to talk about the Elana situation. I overreacted a little and I'm sorry, but-" she spoke fast before Chris cut her off.

"Have a seat first," he said while patting the space next to him.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

matty b 😽

how's it going
are you doing okay?

yeah we had a good talk
im coming to the living room rn

okay that's great!!

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"How did it go?" Matt asked, shuffling in his seat on the couch to make room for the girl that was standing in front of him.

"Really good, actually. I just explained how I felt kind of betrayed because they were hanging out with her while she's been so mean to me. And that I was scared that they'd start leaving me out soon because she doesn't want to be around me anymore."

"I think that's well said. What was his response?"

"He reassured me by saying that he would never leave me out and if he had to choose, he'd pick me over her any day."

"Well, who wouldn't?" Matt asked with a slight laugh. His comment made the girl smile.

When she didn't say anything in response to that, he took the word again.
"How are you feeling right now?"

"Better," was the girl's answer, but she didn't sound entirely convinced that she actually was feeling better.

"You're not feeling better, are you?"

"I am," Esti replied truthfully. "But I obviously couldn't ask him to not invite her anymore. So now she's always gonna be around when we hang out. So I just hope she's not gonna be mean to me anymore, because I'll just have to tolerate it, I guess. I'm just not really looking forward to that.

"I get that. But just know that if she's ever mean to you again while I'm there, I'll just tell her to fuck off."

This made Esti laugh. Matt looked at her with a weird look.
"I'm not joking, I literally will."

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

a/n: cute chapter bc my girl deserved it after all this drama !!

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.