Chapter 5: Identification please?

Izuku was walking down the main streets of the city, not a single person in sight. That's to be expected though, it's an hour after curfew so everybody is expected to be indoors now. "Expected" being the key word here.

The streets were excruciatingly dark being only dimly lit by the very few light poles around. As izuku was nearing a corner he could smell what was to be molten rock, piercing his nostrils. (yes, molten rock has a smell and it's not too good) Izuku rounds the corner to see the ravaged streets where the fight took place, the ground still having molten hot holes as if it just happened.

"Woah...! This place looks really ominous at night, it's really creepy. I can still feel the pressure from when that THING was still here. Why though." He states walking down the street, analysing his way.

Just then a howl was heard echoing through the city, then more began as if replying in unison. These cries that filled the city sounded so angry, pained, yet so empty. It scared Izuku because he knew what IT was.

"Oh no. That sounds like an awful lot of them, I better get out of here and fast."

Suddenly there was a scraping sound coming from behind, footsteps approaching. Izuku panicked. He whirled around too quickly and haphazardly tripped over his own feet, falling over onto the still warm concrete road. Yellow eyes bore into Izuku, watching his every move as he started pushing back.

"No. NO! Stay away from me!" He shouted, raising his hand as if repelling a force.

"GAH!"

There was a clang

Izuku opens his eyes slowly, retracting his hand. Realising nothing happened he scrambles for a flashlight.

(Yes he brings things with him. It's Izuku. Who wouldn't bring things with them into a city at night full of monsters?)

Flashlight in hand, Izuku scrambles to get a proper hold on it, dropping it multiple times in the process. Finally getting a good grasp he turns it on, his worried expression relaxing.

"Ow! That really hurt ya know! I'm not exactly in peak condition either." Said a very grouchy voice.

There sitting up against a cracked wall and an overturned trash, a man in a black shihakshô, with bright orange spiky hair, a massive sword and a scowl present is the mystery man himself, wrapped in bandages, covered in blood, his eyes changed from a piercing yellow to a chocolate brown.

"I-It's you!" Says Izuku in shock.

"Y-yeh! It's me! Geez, who else would it be?" He says, mocking Izuku.

"I'm really sorry! I-I thought you were one of those THINGS." Says Izuku apologetically.

"Tch. Those aren't "Things", those aren't "Monsters", those are HOLLOWS! Do you people not see the oh so obvious hollow hole embedded in their bodies or something!?" He shouts in annoyance, approaching Izuku.

Izuku flinches in the face of the massive pressure.

The mysterious man looks around.

"Anywho, we should probably get out of here." Says the figure, calming down.

He bent down and grabbed Izuku's shirt by the collar. Izuku struggles to break free from his vice-like grip. Suddenly the mysterious man vanishes from sight as if he blurred out of existence and reappeared on the rooftop of a nearby building. He released Izuku from his grasp, letting him fall to the ground. He goes to look over the side of the building.

"W-who or what are you!? Are you like those monsters!?" Izuku demanded being well beyond confusion.

"Ichigo Kurosaki, Substitute Soul Reaper and for the last time, those aren't "monsters", they're called Hollows because of their hollow holes! They're evil spirits who eat human souls and so it's my job to purify them!" Ichigo clarifies.