Love Interest? Pt. 2 • 009

I've never quite thought hard enough about my sexuality. It's not like I ever planned to get into a relationship or anything.

I just didn't want to.

Relationships are a lot of work and need a lot of commitment. I'd also prefer not to keep secrets from my partner if I ever had one. I wouldn't exactly tell them I was a psychic, it'd probably cause a lot of problems.

So, why does the author choose to punish me with this?

Let me ask you, do I look lile boyfriend material? Be completely honest.

I personally don't think so.

Despite all my stupid ranting, I stood in front of a woman Mako had introduced me to, she stood tall, her dark red lipstick applied with precision, her hair flowed gently chorusing with her every movement and something about her made me drawn to her.

It was almost like..

Like..

I'm not falling for this.

Nice try author.

I walked passed her and into the resturant as she made a feeble attempt to wave at me. Somehow meeting new people was a trap in this timeline. I sat quietly in a booth that could hold at least 6 people, shifting closer to the wall. Korra made herself comfortable sitting across from me, Mako took the chance to sit next to me, while Asami, as I had learnt, decided to sit next to Korra.

The resturant was filled with laughter and a faint scent of booze tickled the tip of my nostrils from time to time, the air was joyous in a way. Although, none of that joy seemed to make it's way to me.

I felt nothing but dread.

And I seriously hate to admit this but, I miss the blind woman. Her sending me to the air temple felt like a betrayal and I could tell Tenzin was suspicious of me, I mean he didn't exactly hide it that well. I could tell his daughter, Jinora was watching my every move and probably reporting about me to him.

I didn't care though.

"Nice to meet you Kusuo, I'm Asami Sato." Her hand was stretched out to me, she wore a warm smile. I shook it for no more than three seconds and quickly retracted back my hand.

But in those 3 seconds, her eyes shone as bright as green jewels and her hands were as soft as a baby's skin.

This felt all too familiar.

Ugh, not again.

She suddenly moved closer to me and began to whisper, "I know I'm not exactly supposed to talk about it but, are you really the second Avatar?"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, Korra short me a short glare before averting her eyes back to the resturant menu.

"Doesn't seem to be much of a secret anymore." I said in a blunt tone while side-eyeing Mako, he began to chuckle nervously. "She kinda guessed it.." He muttered.

"Rebuplic city will be in uproar is this gets out," Asami stated before crossing her arms and relaxing back into the sit.

"Really, who would have guessed." I said sarcastically, even she would know the people of this city loved playing favorites.

"HEY GUYS!" Bolin waves from the entrance after spotting us, he makes his way towards us with Pabu wrapped around his neck.

"What took you so long?" Mako questions his brother.

"I kinda got distracted..." He confesses and suddenly pulls out a stuffed animal, "I got it for Pabu!" It was a stuffed fire-ferret.

"Aw that's so cute," Asami chuckles at the males cheekiness. "Do you like stuffed animals Kusuo?" She suddenly asked me.

"I despise them."

Suddenly the fire ferret that Bolin held had burst into flames, I flinched at the sound. "Kusuo what the hell?!" Bolin nearly screamed, now all attention was on us.

"Hey! No bending in my resturant!" The owner had yelled.

I did not mean to do that, shit.

Was that even me?

Korra quickly put the fire out with her water bending. "Nice going." She sarcastically remarked to me.

Bolin and Pabu expressed their sadness of the now charred fire-ferret in their own ways. "He was so young!" Bolin cried dramatically.

Good grief.

__________

Well, In short. We got kicked out of the resturant and I had to buy Bolin a new stuffed animal.

I still find it odd that It set on fire because of me. I didn't activate anything? I think? Unless my powers are getting out of control again.

If that's the case, this is bad.

It might he a stuffed animal now but it could be a real person next. I need to be more careful.

"Too bad this outing was cut short, I have to return home now." Asami informed everyone. "It's too bad I didn't get to learn more about you Kusuo, maybe next time?" She directs her smile at me and I nod, not even paying attention.

"Goodbye everyone!" She starts up her Sato Mobile and finally goes on her way.

"You clearly need to train more Kusuo." Korra began, "You're not the greatest at training either Korra, I've seen your air bending. It's mediocre at best."

I don't know what came over me.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" She suddenly stepped closer to me, I could smell the jealousy from ten miles away.

"Guys don't-"

"Stay out of this Bolin." Korra snapped.

"I don't think the two Avatars fighting will do Rebuplic city any good Korra, knock it off." Mako scolded her sternly.

She scoffed before walking away and bumping into my shoulder.

"Kusuo, try not to provoke her please." Mako warned.

"She started it." I reminded the male, he let out a deep sigh before grabbing my hand. "Yes she did, but sometimes it's better to just walk away."

"Bolin, you go on without me." He bid his brother farewell. Bolin nodded and quickly left without protest.

"Come with me, you can't say no."

I groaned and went without a complain, this can't be that bad, right?
What if this is what the Author wants? No wait, I take it back-

_________

See you next chapter^^