Laws Against Nature • 008

I never thought they'd be a day were I'd be riding a giant bison across the sky to an air temple.

But then again I can levitate and more so don't think I'm impressed or anything. The breeze was nice though.

The urge to jump off was strong aswell although, I held my own. I was more worried about how I was supposed to explain to Korra and Aang's son how I can bend the four elements. I mean, Toph sent him a letter but I doubt he believed her.

He probably thinks sees her as crazy as I do.

The Bison landed in the courtyard of the air temple, I stepped off of the Bison and landed lightly on the smooth ground.

My eyes scanned the area, It was rather quiet and neat. A bald marn dressed in various shades of orange robes emerges from the temple entrance. He eyed me up and down with a stern face.

"Are you the 'second avatar' ?" He began, his gaze filled with suspicion.

"I guess." I answered, not even sure myself.

"General Toph has seriously lost it..." He muttered under his breath before sighing, "Come with me young man."

He gestured for me to follow him, he took me to a bunch of open gates that were bunched up together.

"Show me your earthbending." He ordered.

What if I just levitated out of here? Toph would probably find me somehow, crazy lady.

I did as he asked, showing him the mist basic move that came to mind. He seemed satisfied. "Now, show me any other element."

Okay? I pulled water from the very atmosphere and let it float on the palm of my hands. He seemed taken a back.

"H-how is this possible?" He gasped.

I don't know, ask my parents. I don't want to be here.

"We will start your training immediately, Korra!" He yelled towards the temple.

Oh god, here we go.

__________

"But I'm the Avatar! Not him!" The dark haired girl protested, we were now eating lunch and It was beef soup and some bread.

"Korra, I'm sure there is a reason why this has happened." Tenzin tries to calm her down.

"Why the hell would we need two Avatars? Does that make any sense at all to you? Huh?"

Jinora sighed, "Maybe something very bad will happen and having two is going to gurantee our safety, see it as a good thing Korra." She informed with a soft tone as she poured me a cup of water.

"That's just dumb, so what I'm not capable enough to do things on my own?" She asked, somehow I felt like that question was directed towards me with the way she glared at my direction.

"Don't look at me, I'm just as confused." I lied through my teeth, the truth would only cause more chaos in this situation.

She only glared harder. I think I pissed her off, how fun. My entire plan to avoid making this plot advance any further with my involvement was just nothing but non-existent right now.

Why can't I escape this situation? I'm Kusuo Saiki for christs sake.

"Hey Korra, I wanted to give you your-"

I knew that voice.

Mako.

What the hell was he doing here?

Pretend I'm not here, Pretend I'm not here, Pretend I'm not here.

"Kusuo?" He called out.

Damn it.

Korra stormed out of the room, making Tenzin follow behind her as well as Jinora, I was about to pull my hair out.

I was alone in a room with him now.

This was definitely on purpose, I can still excuse myself if I move now-

Mako came to sit next to me, taking Korras spot. "What sre you doing here?"

"Don't know." I replied sternly. He smacked his lips, licking them before speaking again. "Sorry about the other night, I shouldn't have tried to drag you into a dangerous situation like that." He apologized in a low voice.

His voice was...

Did it get hotter in here?

"It's fine. I'm assuming you saved him?" I replied, taking sips of water.

Mako smiled at me, "I did."

"Good."

The air was tense now, there wasn't much to talk about and maybe it was for the best. I don't want to get closer to him, I gazed down on the table to see one of the pastries that Jinora left earlier.

I reached my hand to grab it, but it looked like Mako had the same idea as well.

Our hands touched as we reached for it simultaneously. I was taken a back by his callused hands. "Oh, sorry." He chuckled before grabbing the pastry, a light coat of blush on his cheeks.

You have got to be kidding me.

Nope, absolutely not.

No no no.

My body felt even hotter, I barely knew this guy. What the hell?

"Kusuo, are you alright?" Mako asked quietly, "You've been staring off into space for a while now."

I just stood up, not even paying attention to the black-haired male before making my way to my room that was given to me after I arrived, I slam the door closed and took deep breaths.

It was a simple touch, just a touch.

This is ridiculous, is this how things would be from now on? Yeah I'm avoiding Mako like the plague now, this love story won't happen.

Nice try Author, your plans won't work, not today, not ever.

That didn't matter anyways. I had to go out tomorrow with Korra so 'The two Avatars can become close' I didn't really care about this Avatar stuff.

I was more focused on seeing whether or not I could try to turn back time again, I'd been observing and noticing that the time period I could possible be in is um..

What was it again?

Shit, I forgot.

Are you kidding me? This is so annoying. This is just embarrassing. I'm not used to failing this much. Pretend this never happened.

See you next chapter

__________