Jack Champion - It's just a scene

Jack Champion x reader

Tw : death (fake), anxiety attack

Genre : a bit of angst, Fluff

Word count : 750

POV : First person

We were halfway through filming Scream VI and today was a special day

We were halfway through filming Scream VI and today was a special day. My character Dawn had been around since the fifth movie. Together with Sam, the twins and Tara, she survived the Woodsborrow murders, moving to New York with them.

Today was the day my character would finally meet her faith. We still didn't know who was going to be ghostface since they were scared of people leaking the script but now I knew it was not me. The scene consisted of me, Jack, Melissa and Jenna. I loved doing scenes with Jack, he was very sweet and amazing at adding improv here and there. Even though most scenes were done with a smile, this one was going to be tough. I got into position. This would be the scene where Ethan and Tara find Dawn and she would die in their arms. I was all bloodied up in makeup making it seem like I was really dead.

"Action."

Ethan came running from behind the corner, my body prompt up against the wall.

"Dawn!" Ethan cried out as he reached the body. The girl was faintly breathing, her eyes fluttering open.

"Ethan." Her voice was strained and barely above a whisper.

"Hey,hey, you'll be okay. I'm right here." He pulled her body to him, placing her head in his lap, sobbing slightly.

"I'm sorry." She croaked out before all life left her eyes.

"You can't leave me. Wake up! Please wake up!" Ethan screamed

Tara and Sam came running from around the corner, their eyes widened at the sight.

"No." Tara sobbed at the sight of the lifeless body of her best friend. Running over to Ethan, holding her body.

"And Cut!" The director yelled and Melissa and Jenna immediately came out of their sad state. Jack on the other side had more trouble, tears kept coming as he didn't see me move. I had to keep my position for the next scene that we would shoot in a couple seconds. I felt Jack shaking as he kept crying, making me open my eyes.

"Hey Jack, you okay?" I asked as I sat up, not caring about my position.

My hand went to his cheek wiping the tears.

"It's just a scene. I'm okay, I'm right here." I said assuring him of my safety.

"I know, I'm sorry, this is so stupid." He said while shaking his head, still unable to stop the tears. While the director looked at us, I gave him a sign saying we needed a break. He nodded, seeing Jack's state and anounced a 10 minute break.

I walked the boy to my trailer, my hand never leaving his.

We sat down on the couch, I straddled his lap and cupped his tear stained cheeks.

"I'm sorry." He said, his voice soft, his breathing was heavy. He was having a sort of anxiety attack. He didn't have them often but it has happened before.

"Breath Jack. You're okay. You're safe." He mimicked my breathing as I pulled him close, slowly strocking his curls.
He looked at me, panic still on his face

"Look at me." I said, raising his head a little. My hand slowly traced over his jawline.

"Do you see me?" He nodded with a confused look.

"Do you hear me?" He repeated his actions.

I gently leaned in, kissing his lips softly.

"Do you feel me?" I whispered and ran my hands through his messed up curls. He nodded,not opening his eyes, slightly pecking my lips again a few times.

"I'm okay, I'm right here and I will always be right here. I'm not leaving you, my love." A smile spread against his face as he leaned in to kiss me again, gently squeezing my hips.

"I love you." He said before hugging me tight.

A knock on my trailer door took us out of our embrace.

"Y/n, Jack, we start filming in two." Sabrina, my assistant said and I looked at the boy in front of me.

"Are you ready?" I asked while sitting up, stretching out my hand.

"One more thing." Before I could question what he meant he pulled me close to him, kissing me passionately. One hand on my cheek, the other on my waist, slightly squeezing it. I gently tugged at his curls making him groan. I pulled away breathless.

"Now I'm ready."