Wolf's howl

Sebastian was an enforcer for the Cedar Moon wolf pack. He was proud of the pack and was happy to serve the alpha Chris and be of service.
Alpha Chris paced the meeting room, "Most of you came to us when the White Coats rampaged your towns. I know my grandfather and father thought that our den here was safe and I believe that, but signs point to the White Coats traipsing through our woods looking for signs we're here."
Chris's beta Scarlet rolled out a map, "Our scouts and park rangers report an increase of poachers along the western edges of our territory."
She looked up at the room, "Our allies all report that they have noticed and increase of similar activities."
Chris leaned against the wall, "We are going to increase patrols along those boundaries. These men will not win."
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Sebastian and his patrol partner Anthony walked in human form around their assigned grid, "My uncle said these White Coats remind him of the Klan grandpa Mack had to face growing up."
Sebastian nodded ashamed that at one time people hated one another based on the color of skin or the religion they practice, "Guess we haven't gone much farther. You'd have thought humanity would have evolved."
Anthony grinned, "Well... In a way it did, but you know the saying, "A person is smart people are dumb."
Sebastian chuckled, "You and your old movies quotes."
Anthony shrugged, "MIB is a classic and Tommy Lee Jones an icon."
He paused, "Sebastian... Over there."
Sebastian looked over where Anthony pointed and saw 2 men in white coats dragging a body, "Shit! Radio it in."
Anthony radioed and Sebastian crouched, "There's 2 of us we could take them; free the person..."
Anthony shook his head, "Could be a trap..."
Sebastian sighed, "We gotta try."
Anthony nodded, "My bear is pretty impressive..."
The men shifted. Anthony into a giant grizzly and Sebastian into a massive timber wolf.
Charging the men dragging the body they were met with shots being fired from all around.
Anthony took out the 2 men dragging the body as Sebastian freed them. It was a young girl barely 15 and unconscious.
Sebastian howled then shifted, "Anthony take her to the healers. I'll lead them away."
The bear lowered and let him tie her to him.
Working quickly Sebastian sent Anthony away and continued to fight the ambush.
He took down 4 not counting the 2 Anthony dispatched.
Sebastian felt a hot searing pain in his side as he was shot.
He turned and saw the shooter step forward, "You killed my men, but you disgusting fleabag won't kill me."
Sebastian spit blood, "Put the gun down and fight me like a man you coward."
The shooter laughed, "What do you know about being a man you're an animal."
He crept forward. Sebastian only had one chance, 'Keep him talking.' He thought to himself, "Me an animal? Mostly in the sheets; your momma can vouch for that." Dumb and childish, but it worked.
The poacher stepped closer, "Don't talk about my momma!"
Sebastian lunged pulling him in and disarming him then turning the weapon on him; Sebastian didn't hesitate to pull the trigger.
He stepped back and realized he was wounded worse than he thought, "Looks like this is it for me; damn... And I never got to find my mate..."
Sebastian gave a long sad howl.
"Man you're a mess! Leave it to fate for me to find you in such a state."
A soft female voice talked to him, "Hey wolfie keep your eyes open..."
Sebastian smiled before blacking out.