34: Are You Okay?

Last Official Chapter... :(

Punching In A Dream - The Naked And Famous

___________________

"Once again, Amy..." Geraldine stood from the large oval table and smiled widely at her. "It's been an absolute pleasure having you work here. If I compared the current you to the one that walked in to this board room six months ago I wouldn't be the only one to see the confidence and change in you."

Harriet nudged Amy's arm and smirked at her. All Amy could do was roll her eyes in reply.

"If you, and we all hope you do, consider working here in the future there will always be a spot here for you. Right Russell?"

Her husband joined her and cleared his throat. "Always!"

Well that's the first thing they've ever agreed on.

"We all wish you a happy trip tomorrow evening. And we hope you visit soon."

The rest of the faculty in the science department stood and clapped. Amy joined them to hug or shake hands and thank each and every one of them. She left Gerry and Russell for last.

"Thank you for this opportunity, Gerry." Amy thanked. "I can't thank you both enough."

"Oh, gosh thank the dean as well sweetheart. He's on his way to say his goodbyes anyhow." The dean walked in ten minutes later holding the forms Amy had to get the head of science and the principal to sign at the end of her work placement. She shook the dean's hand and met Harriet in the corner of the room. 

It's been five long however relaxing weeks since Lewis agreed to help. February 22nd. Her wrist was healed, the patch of hair on the side of her head was slowly growing back and she was healthy. Well, she assumed so. During those weeks it has been Evie's birthday which unfortunately Amy couldn't go to because she was sick. Literally sick all day.

She remembered John trying to come into the bathroom but she'd locked the door.

"No! Don't come in."

"Amy, I got you a bottle of water. If you don't open the door I'll just use the key."

She had groaned and wiped a hand over her sweaty forehead. "Please do me this one kindness and not come in here."

But even as she had said this he'd already opened the door. At that moment she'd been sprawled out on the hard cold floor lying on a bunched up towel.

"Oh, honey come here," John sat beside her head and lifted it onto his lap. "Think it's a bug?"

"Ugh, I don't even- I don't know. But I feel like ass. I think it was that- that meal, the other night? Evie said she didn't feel right after as well."

"Well, she called and said not to worry about tonight. You two can go out any other night."

Five days later, after overcoming two more days of throwing up, Jen went into labour. And now little Paul Samuel Callahan is keeping the young couple up all night. Hence why Amy had decided to move in with John for the remainder of her stay. Although, she returned at least twice a week to see how Jen and Matty were coping with the baby. And from the looks of things they were... just about coping, bless them. 

For the past few weeks, Amy has been hanging out with Celia and Pamela. What truly surprised her, after learning a lot about Celia and that she was only nine months old for a vampire, was the fact she had her own child. A baby in fact.

"How... how?" Was all Amy could say one morning at Celia's cafe holding little Jonas. The baby was radiant. Beautiful. Although half human half vampire, the traits of the baby were sharp just like any other vampire. His vigilant bright brown gaze was oddly aware but he still seemed... small.