32: Scared

Don't have any time to read through guys !! So read on through the mistakes LOL

Mikky Ekko - Pull Me Down omg

__________

A lot of things were unclear to her.

Like, for example, why she couldn't bring herself to wake up for longer than five minutes. Oh, she knew it was only five minutes as well. Because she'd woken up so many times that she had counted to sixty five times.

Sometimes there would be someone to wake up to. It was a completely unfamiliar room. The first time she woke up it was to a pretty woman, Michael, and Evie.

"...Infected?" One of them had asked.

"It may be." She heard the unfamiliar woman say. "But it's not something I can't handle... -have a fever... -her wrist..."

The fever was right. The second time she woke up, she saw the window and noticed it raining. The woman was sitting beside her, rinsing what looked like a cloth in a bowl. Her body was boiling but she was sweating and shaking. The woman turned around and Amy immediately recognised her face. Micah's mother.

"Here we are..." The cold cloth landed on her forehead and Amy groaned. "Close your eyes."

She did exactly as she was told and fell back to sleep.

The third and fourth times she woke up because her wrist was throbbing. She went a long while before she woke up again. Evie was sat on a chair in the corner speaking quietly:

"..Mmm... Oh, yes. She's feeling much better they'll release her in a few..."

Amy drifted off again and opened her eyes to find John's head resting beside her hand. His eyes were closed and his arms were crossed to cradle his head. She went to lift it but she grunted at the pain instead. John's eyes opened to catch hers but once again she fell back into unconsciousness.

The next few times she woke up to an empty room and to her head hurting. Another few times she remembered swallowing water or doing as Micah's mother said to chew and swallow. The thirteenth time, and the last time, she woke to Micah's mother again this time she was touching Amy's head, pulling the hair away from the injured section. And this time, after looking Micah's mother in the eye and receiving a trustworthy smile she felt ten times better when she dozed off.

**

Amy was a stiff as a board.

Her memory was foggy; her body felt like it had been out of use for days...

Her eyes slowly focussed on the cream ceiling before averting to the room she was in. She didn't recognise this room at all. She didn't have a clue where she was let alone whose house this was.

She looked down at the double bed, the sheets thrown in all kinds of directions. She was dressed in a large white t-shirt and a pair of jogging pants that she was certain belonged to John. She could smell him. Her gaze moved down to her left hand and sighed. It was wrapped up in a large constricting bandage.

Amy couldn't remember very much. But things were very slowly coming back to her. Her fingers tentatively ran across the jagged stitched line starting at her temple running all the way behind her ear. She sat up carefully and held a hand to her forehead, begging her mind to remember what the hell had happened.

The door to the room opened and she caught the eyes of the woman that had been obviously helping her.

"You're awake, good." She said with Micah's charming grin. "I'm Claire, Micah's mom."